It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: 64-Bit Drivers for Windows Vista/Windows 7 Now Available
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:25 pm 
ERROR AT LINE 0

Signed 64-bit drivers for the Atarimax SIO2PC USB Interface are now available.

This driver applies to both single port and dual port USB interfaces.

To view and download the attachment in this post, please make sure you are logged in.

If there are any issues installing the driver please contact me at classics@atarimax.com or follow up here. :D

Thanks

Steve

There are images and/or files attached to this posting. You must be logged-in to view or download this content.

Post subject: Re: 64-Bit Drivers for Windows Vista/Windows 7 Now Available
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:23 pm 

Awesome! Many thanks! :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:27 pm 

Hi! For some reason I cannot install the drivers on Windows 7 64-bit version. Is there any tutorial for that?

Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:45 pm 

I've just answered myself. I found a tutorial in Youtube (in spanish):

Como instalar drivers manualmente (How to install drivers manually):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBdtG5N7Pkg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:39 pm 

64-Bit Drivers: That's just what I needed! :mrgreen:
Thank you for your support, now I can finally take my Atari-Imaging from Windows XP to Windows 7.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:17 am 

I have did some investigation into drivers for WIndows 7 64bit.
From what I have read, Win7 64bit will refuse to load any driver that is not certified.
What truth is there in this?
Also, is it hard to make a driver certified?

I am only asking because this possibly could cause problems with the recently made 64bit drivers for the USB version of SIO2PC.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:28 am 
ERROR AT LINE 0

The signed 64-bit drivers for the USB interface are attached to the first post of this thread.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 3:54 am 
ERROR AT LINE 0

8-bit wrote:
I have did some investigation into drivers for WIndows 7 64bit.
From what I have read, Win7 64bit will refuse to load any driver that is not certified.
What truth is there in this?
Also, is it hard to make a driver certified?

I am only asking because this possibly could cause problems with the recently made 64bit drivers for the USB version of SIO2PC.

Windows 7 does have a 'pay to play' driver system, it will not load any drivers that are not signed with a commercial signing certificate.

All of the drivers I provide are fully signed and can be loaded in 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Windows. You just have to use the appropriate driver for the appropriate OS. 32-bit windows will only load the 32-bit drivers, 64-bit windows likewise requires the 64-bit versions of the drivers.

Steve

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:07 pm 

Updating to 64-bit drivers...

My XP-32 computer recently took a dive, so I had to move APE over to the Win7-64 "mothership." Had some difficulties getting it to work, so I thought I'd post a brief "how to" for anyone else that is having problems. There may be easier or better ways to do this, so if you know a better way, please share the info. I have never used Vista, so the prompts might be slightly different, but I suspect that they are very similar.

1) The standard APE drivers are 32-bit, so if you install on a 64-bit system, you will get a "yellow flag" warning in the device manager entries. APE will launch, but it won't work (at least with the USB adapter). If you click on the yellow flag, you should get a message saying "no driver."

2) Log into this forum and download the 64-bit drivers in this SIO2PC forum/group.

3) In "My Computer" select the C: drive Program Files (X-86) and find the "APE for Windows" folder.

4) Unzip the 64-bit drivers and put them in the APE for Windows folder -- preferably in the "Drivers" sub-folder.

5) In the control panel under the SIO2PC device entry (in the Device Manager), select "Update Driver Software." Then select the "Browse my computer for driver software."

6) When you have browsed to the APE for Windows (driver) folder, then select the "Let me pick from a list..." Windows should display the "SIO2USB Universal Adapter" as the compatible hardware.

7) Select "Next" and the new drivers will be installed. You will be directed to restart your computer. DONE!"

-Larry

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:55 am 

Thanks Steve I happen to have a private archive of Atari 8 Bit files, including the new KWEST PD library, 150 disks both sides full of stuff from Ontario, Canada, can post a link in the appropriate area if desired. Russ Campbell

PS: Just got my APE Starter Kit yesterday, been so busy that I had no time to play with it, doing that now.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:16 am 

For some reason my SIO2PC double ended device is not seen by Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit, anyone else have any problems with this? It lights up and everything but I only have one SIO cable , and it is connected from the computer to the SIO device. Any particular side needed? Russ

Last edited by rcamp48 on Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:41 am 

Does it work when you connect it to your Atari?

I mean, my experience is that when you want to backup disks, the drive connected to SIO2PC does not work.
For some reason (on my end) the drive needs to be connected to the Atari and the Atari must be switch ON.
Beside being ON, the Atari is idle, doing nothing, Guess it only provides 5 volt to signal something being OK.

Grtz, Sijmen.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:26 am 

No it does not , maybe I am doing some thing wrong but it is connected to the Atari directly, and with a very short USB cable to my windows 7 64 bit machine it says something about being connected to port 1

Russ

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:07 am 

Hmmm, strange.
connecting to the atari is mostly used.
i thought you connected your 1050 for backup purpose.
it should work, i am on window 10 now, but on 7 i had no problems either.
i am out at the moment, so i can not send screenshots from the status window.
when in ape, try disconnecting and connect again.
watch the status window.
so far from me.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:18 pm 

I have it on my 32 bit machine much older and slower but still windows 7 pro same thing connects as com port 1 I just ran it on my 64 bit machine with nothing connected and it connects to com port 1..... interesting there is a com port 1 on both machines so maybe its connecting to them instead of the SIO2PC device

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next