It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:44 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Compatibility of MyIDE(Alternate Reality)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:36 pm 

I've been having troubles with getting any of the alternative reality games working? - has anyone been able to get them working on any version of MyIDE?

(I'm currently using a 3.3f and a XEGS, though I have a 65XE coming)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:51 pm 

There's little chance that AR will work without a ROM version of the OS, and even then, probably not since, IIRC it uses its own serial routines and will bypass the OS routines (and thus the MyIDE routines.)

Too bad, eh? That would rock. Of course there is always the flashcart version being worked on by Mark Keates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:42 am 

The cartridge looks superb, no doubt after the city is completed - the dungeon will be done!

Though MyIDEs compatibility is very high from my experience, the lucasarts games(The Edilion, Rescue on Fractacus) don't work either - I'm assuming thats down to a similar issue.

I did spend quite some time playing Hard Hat Willy yesterday! Thanks for all your work on MyIDE and the tools.

I do have some feedback, though you probably already know this:-

-I notice the hard drive is accessed on paging the screen down, which can take some time when you have a quite few games like me.

-The Search engine is case-sensitive, which isn't a big problem.

-The ability to mount images on to 8 drives would be great, as I found out afterwards I needed to install my multi-disk games first.

And a quick query, how do I delete Images. "DEL" appears next to image, though do I need to use some other tool to actually delete it or is this not implemented yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:35 am 

Has anyone tried AR on the latest versions?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]