It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:00 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: 01-07-06 MyIDE Tools (MYIDEMAN, MYIDECFG, MYBATCH)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:12 pm 

Here are new versions of these three tools:

MYIDEMAN (v3.0):

What's new:
- Sorting, from the Utility menu.
- Sync's the MyIDE START function description on rename or create (option in utility)

Commands not on the menu:
<tab>: changes the category of the image
v: changes the view, rotates through all categories
Ctrl-a: goes back to the view:all mode
1-9: assign this as disk x in a set (only for display purposes)
0: clears the disk x assignment

MYIDECFG (v2.0)
- not much has changed since last version released here

Commands not on the menu:
<tab>: switch between name and partition info view

MYBATCH (v1.0)
Here's the image batcher. If you have the image table already setup (by using MYIDEMAN) the program will detect this and use it. From the main screen you have the following options:

I: set the start image. If you are using MYIDEMAN (MyIDE Image Manager) its better if you do not set this yourself. The system will automatically set this to the next empty image slot. If you are not using MYIDEMAN, then you must enter the image slot to start at, or your previous images will be overwritten.

D: select the disk drive to get the ATR files from. You should mount a virtual disk using either the Windows APE (PC-MIRROR) or AtariSIO with ATR files on it. Atari directory name limitations apply (cannot start with a number, cannot have some special characters in the name, etc..) Only the first 63/64 ATR files will be copied (63 with APE, since one directory entry is used by 'UP').

C: set the category of the images. If you are using MYIDEMAN, you will see this option. Each press of C will rotate through the categories you have setup. The copied images will be given this category in the MYIDEMAN program.

Pressing RETURN will start the copy. First all the .ATR files are counted. Then each one is copied to image space starting at the slot you specifed above. The description will be set to the filename of the ATR file, both in MYIDEMAN (if you are using that) and the MyIDE START function. You will then probably want to go and rename them later.

Special Note: If you have sorted your image descriptions using the MYIDEMAN program, and want to select your own Start Image (not using the next available empty slot as detected), very bad things could happen. I advise that you either sort your images "by slot" before you run MYBATCH, or that you refrain from over-writing old images by entering your own Start Image value.

MYBATCH should be considered BETA. Please let me know how you make out with it. Any suggestions on features, enhancements or bug reports is welcomed!

These versions will not work when run from the flashcart menu. Sorry, that particular problem has not been solved yet.

Eventually I will be officially releasing these programs with documentation on my website, but I thought I'd give everyone here a chance to try them out first.

There are images and/or files attached to this posting. You must be logged-in to view or download this content.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:45 pm 

Anyone had a chance to try these out? Any feedback?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:50 am 
ERROR AT LINE 0

I havent had a chance to test them out but plan on doing that soon. Thanks for working so hard on these. :D

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:37 pm 

Shawn - thanks to Steve I now have a 4.0i OS to test out your tools.

ITss ben awhile since Ive setup MyIDE so where do I start in getting my HD reformatted with the new stuff and working in SpartaDOS?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:31 am 

goochman wrote:
Shawn - thanks to Steve I now have a 4.0i OS to test out your tools.

ITss ben awhile since Ive setup MyIDE so where do I start in getting my HD reformatted with the new stuff and working in SpartaDOS?

Your old partitions should work with the new OS.

Let me know how you make out with ATOS if you are running it. I didn't have much luck with it, but admittedly, I didn't work at it too long. I was too busy coding these programs.

Check my website for the official release of these programs, including documentation.

Atari 8-bit Projects

The basics of it are:

1. Load either MYIDECFG.COM or FDISK.BAS and check your partition information. Either create or shuffle your partitions around, remembering that the 4.0 version only allows you 3 partitions (so only ide 1, ide 2 and ide 3 will be "visible" to your atari.)

2. INIT the disk using the spartados xinit command or another utility that will format the size disk you need (a utility was posted recently in the newsgroup, computer.sys.atari.8bit to format spartados partitions on hard drives by Draco I think.)

3. Copy your .dos file to the partition, remember only 3.3a works with MyIDE (AFAIK.)

4. Run the BOOT X33A.DOS on the new partition.

Should boot now!

Last edited by Shawn Jefferson on Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:08 pm 

Greetings,
I am getting ready to try loading some batches of images, and am wondering how the long image names are entered. Is there a provision for importing the names from a text file or something? Otherwise, will I be able to enter the names after the images are loaded?
Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:02 pm 

The names come from the atari 8.3 filename of the ATR (including the .ATR extension.) You can then rename them using either my image manager program or Sijmen's image manager routine.

I could make enhancements to the program to read longer names from a text file or something. There is no way to read the long file names from windows without a PC side utility.

I wanted to get the utility out there with basic functionality and then see if there is any demand for further enhancements.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:49 pm 

@Steve: Is there a way to retrieve the long file name of a currently mounted ATR via the APE remote control function?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:19 am 
ERROR AT LINE 0

Only the first 32 characters of it, for remote.com to display on screen.

I can add this or any other remote control functions you need for your program, if you like.

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:04 am 

32 characters would be enough, i think. How do you send commands to APE (is there a help document around somewhere?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:28 am 
ERROR AT LINE 0

Send command $3X $93 $EE $8X to APE.

Where X is drive drive number, 1-8. You will receive back a 34 byte response containing the first 33 charaters of the filename. The last character is the write protected status.

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:39 am 

How about loading an ATR image?

Is there command documentation somewhere so I don't have to keep bugging you? :wink:

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ]