It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:14 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: MyIDE tools new verions
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:48 pm 

Small update: forgot a new feature of MYIDEMAN that I added.

New versions for you to try out. I'm releasing them here for feedback before general release on my website.

MYIDECFG:

- removed ability for partitions to be created above image space
- added option to utility menu for selection of 720 or 1040 sector images

MYIDEMAN:

- ape integration, gets description from APE (windows long file name). Requires newest APE version (2.3.9 or better).
- option added to utility menu to control ape integration.
- Ctrl- <letter> takes you directly to the next image starting with that letter
- the view:all mode is reached by pressing ESC instead of Ctrl-A like in previous versions. ESC does not quit the program, you must press Q to quit the program.

MYBATCH (image batcher)

- APE integration, gets description from APE (windows long file name). Reqires newest APE version (2.3.9 or better).
- scans multiple directories for ATR files to import to image space.

Notes:

If Using APE: Yes, then up to 63 ATR images are copied to image space from the batch drive (a PC-MIRROR drive), and then the program will try to enter a directory called DIR0, get 63 more ATR files, go back to the original PC-MIRROR path and enter DIR1 and so right up to DIR254 if you have that many ATRs you want to copy.

Normal atari DOS file system limitations apply, so filenames cannot start with a number and the ATR files cannot have any special characters in the first 6 characters of their name.

Please look at the documentation on my website for the previous versions for more information on how the image batcher should be used.

Any feedback is appreciated!

There are images and/or files attached to this posting. You must be logged-in to view or download this content.

Last edited by Shawn Jefferson on Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: MyIDE tools new verions
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:17 am 

Shawn Jefferson wrote:
New versions for you to try out. I'm releasing them here for feedback before general release on my website.

MYIDEMAN:

- ape integration, gets description from APE (windows long file name). Requires newest APE version.
- option added to utility menu to control ape integration.

It would be great to be able to select an image using joystick and run it by pressing the joystick button in MYIDEMAN. Ths would be very useful to run any image from the 1Mbit flash cartridge.

Thank you for these great contributions.

Eric.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:08 am 

There is a standard build-in routine to start images from the 3.5 F-OS too....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:48 pm 

mr-atari wrote:

I know but if you want to start an image without any key press (Start + 0), you could flash MYIDEMAN in the 1Mbit part and then you can boot and start an image on a XEGS for example with no keyboard.

So, when I add joystick support in the MyIDE-flashmenu to select 0,1,2,3 that will help your problem?

Cheers,
Sijmen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:16 pm 

Ohhhhhh - now that I got my 130XE back from STeve I need to try the image loader - cool :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:18 pm 

It would also be nice if you could create something that could move .exes/dirs from APE to a SparatDos drive.

I have A-Z busted up into 63 file directories and 8.3 filenames and am looking for an easy way to create a 16meg HD partition (it takes 2 for all .exes)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:49 pm 

ebiguy wrote:
It would be great to be able to select an image using joystick and run it by pressing the joystick button in MYIDEMAN. Ths would be very useful to run any image from the 1Mbit flash cartridge.

I'll add joystick control, that is pretty easy to do, however, with very large image setups, it will take a long time to scroll with the joystick, either using Ctrl-letter, searching or Ctrl-up/down arrow makes it much quicker to find your image.

Quote:
Thank you for these great contributions.

You're welcome!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:19 am 

Shawn Jefferson wrote:
I'll add joystick control, that is pretty easy to do, however, with very large image setups, it will take a long time to scroll with the joystick, either using Ctrl-letter, searching or Ctrl-up/down arrow makes it much quicker to find your image.

Thank you for adding it :D

I suggest:
- Joystick up-down: scroll selection one line up or down
- Joystick left-right: scroll one page up or down
- Joystick button: run the selected image.

Eric.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:09 am 

ebiguy wrote:

I know but if you want to start an image without any key press (Start + 0), you could flash MYIDEMAN in the 1Mbit part and then you can boot and start an image on a XEGS for example with no keyboard.

So, when I add joystick support in the MyIDE-flashmenu to select 0,1,2,3 that will help your problem?

Cheers,
Sijmen.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:23 pm 

ebiguy wrote:
I suggest:

That's exactly what I decided to do... I'll try to have an updated version here shortly.

Update: here it is. Joystick acts just like you described, in main screen and also search results screen.

PS. Let me know what you think. Last time I checked, my programs wouldn't run from the flashcart. Programs created with the newest cc65 compiler won't run from flashcart, probably because of the way memory pointers are used (HIMEM, MEMHI, etc.. ) Also, it could have something to do with the fact that E: may not be opened yet, or display list issues. I haven't looked into it enough to know exactly why...

There are images and/or files attached to this posting. You must be logged-in to view or download this content.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:22 am 

Shawn Jefferson wrote:
ebiguy wrote:
I suggest:

Update: here it is. Joystick acts just like you described, in main screen and also search results screen.

Thank you. It works perfectly !

Shawn Jefferson wrote:
PS. Let me know what you think. Last time I checked, my programs wouldn't run from the flashcart. Programs created with the newest cc65 compiler won't run from flashcart, probably because of the way memory pointers are used (HIMEM, MEMHI, etc.. ) Also, it could have something to do with the fact that E: may not be opened yet, or display list issues. I haven't looked into it enough to know exactly why...

Now I understand your problem ! You are using flashcart menu from Steven. And I am using MakeMenu with it's boot loader which has a different behaviour (I am the author of MakeMenu). My loader closes channel 0 and 6 and then opens "E:" on channel 0 and "S:" on channel 6 before loading the file in memory.
Maybe you could add that in your program but the best thing would be to update Steven's loader so all programs work, not only yours.
Anyway, you shoyld try MakeMenu which is much more user friendly and fix right now your problem.

mr-atari wrote:
ebiguy wrote:

I don't think so because, when you boot DOS (with or without basic) using 0, 1 or 2, you need a keyboard to do something after booting DOS so this would be useless to add joystick support.

Thanks to both of you.

Eric.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:38 am 

ebiguy wrote:
Maybe you could add that in your program but the best thing would be to update Steven's loader so all programs work, not only yours.

Yes I agree, let's bug Steve about this... :)

Quote:
Anyway, you shoyld try MakeMenu which is much more user friendly and fix right now your problem.

I downloaded it and tried to run it once, and it complained about a missing DLL (I used win98se still!) and I haven't had a chance to try it again. It looks/sounds very impressive though!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:17 pm 

Shawn Jefferson wrote:
ebiguy wrote:
Anyway, you should try MakeMenu which is much more user friendly and fixes right now your problem.

I downloaded it and tried to run it once, and it complained about a missing DLL (I used win98se still!) and I haven't had a chance to try it again. It looks/sounds very impressive though!

Your version of MakeMenu is in debug mode !
I just fixed the problem and uploaded a new version (v1.3) at SourceForge.

Eric.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 10:41 pm 

I just added a new feature to the latest build (unreleased as of yet) of MYIDECFG (MyIDE Config, which is a FDISK program you could use in place of FDISK if you wanted). I've added the ability to swap partitions from any to any of the 8 partition slots. The reason for this is that there are 8 slots available, but the internal versions of the OS only allow for 3 active partitions (the first three partition slots.)

I've always tried to make my programs completely compatible with Sijmen's utilities where possible. However, this feature may break compatibility with FDISK (.BAS and .XEX) if you were to flip back and forth between FDISK and MYIDECFG.

So, my question of the general user base is: is this feature something you'd like to see, and do you use MYIDECFG at all anyhow?

Sijmen: I'd also like to hear what you think about it as well. Perhaps there are plans for MyIDE that I am unaware of that would change the way partitions are handled anyhow. I'd really like to retain compatibility with your utilities and OS.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ]