It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:38 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: PicPrint Plus
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:14 pm 

Hi everyone. Hopefully someone can help with this. Years ago, I wrote a program, PicPrint Plus. Over time, I have lost my disks due to multiple moves, bad sectors, etc.

This program will read, display, and print almost all Atari picture files, compress, uncompressed, Fun with Art, etc. It prints in color on color printers. I released a demo version, which is available, but, unfortunately, I embedded some text into the program that defaces the picture in the demo version, and I made it impossible for a hacker to remove. I can't even remove it myself :(

So, please, if anyone has it, please .SCP , .DCM, or .ATR it and attach to a message for me so I can release it to the public for everyone to have. I only sold a few copies, so, I hope someone has it.

Thanks!

-Kyle

Post subject: PIC Print
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:18 am 

I found a program called PicPrint2 as a k-file.atr. Not sure if it works I haven't been able to get it to load.. :(

Attached: Pic Print.zip

Good Luck!

There are images and/or files attached to this posting. You must be logged-in to view or download this content.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:13 am 

Thanks!

Unfortunately, this is also the damaged copy I already found. The ATR is only 96 sectors.

Boot it, and you get the splash screen, then it locks up...

Thanks for trying! I really appreciate the effort!

-K

Post subject: Re: PicPrint Plus
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:59 am 

Kyle wrote:
Thanks!

Unfortunately, this is also the damaged copy I already found. The ATR is only 96 sectors.

Thanks for trying! I really appreciate the effort!

-K

I know Steve fixed one of those "short" ATR's for me one time. Steve?

Post subject: Re: PicPrint Plus
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:55 pm 

Kyle wrote:
Thanks!

The program is doing a lot of fiddling with portb ($D301), does it use the RAM under the ROM? It might be turning crashing because it's turning off the ROM at the wrong time?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:27 pm 

Yes, it does use OSRAM, but it had it's own DOS on the disk, I forgot which one I used now. It is self booting (without BASIC), or it runs fine under SDX if you USE BANKED. It supports all SDX drives & RAMdisks.

I found that .ATR too. It somehow got truncated. Maybe the source floppy had a bad sector?

Thanks for everyone's help!

-Kyle

Post subject: PIC Print
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:21 pm 

Hi

This seems to be a converted turbobasic compiled xx.ctb or it is wanting to load a seperate file. When it crashes it leaves behind the options simuliar to the turbobasic runtime program.

Browsing through my archives I found a basic program called picprnt.bas on a user group monthly disk. I don't have a printer set up for printing but the code runs and loads picture files ready to print..

There are images and/or files attached to this posting. You must be logged-in to view or download this content.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:00 pm 

Sorry, that's not it. I only released it in compiled TB, and only sold a *VERY* few copies. It may be lost to history.... I will, at the earliest opportunity, look through my mother's house for boxes of old floppies. Maybe I'll get lucky. She lives about 100 miles away, though.

-K

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:21 pm 
ERROR AT LINE 0

Is this it?

Post subject: Pic Print
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:20 am 

Hi,
This file added to an atr with PicPrint2 and it load without crashing, but I have tried adding PIC files to the directory with any no sucsess. What was the file types that this program is looking for. Does not show a directory listing at all. Even looking on drive 2 with various file types.
:(

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:01 pm 

If it *IS* in fact mine, (hope hope hope), it looks for protected files, hold OPTION while doing directory to look for unprotected files. That allows you to have two different lists of files in the same directory.

-Kyle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:07 pm 

That's it, but it's the demo version. When you hit P to print, the text comes up on the screen and defaces the picture.

If I were to hex edit or sector edit it and replace the text with all zeros or space characters, it would still put the empty blank space on the pic where the text was..

-K

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:58 pm 
ERROR AT LINE 0

What about changing them to 0x9B, the ATASCII return character?

Steve

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:15 am 

Thanks for the suggestion, but this program overwrites the bytes in video RAM where the picture resides. Any character put there will deface the picture.

I wrote the program back in the day when everyone was doing some form of copy protection. I was one of the first to do the crippleware thing, and now I am sorry I did it.

I made it a point to make sure that no one with a hex or sector editor could defeat this. I wish I hadn't done it now.... That stuff is so embedded in the code, even if I still had the source, I would have a hard time finding it.

I even went so far as interleaving the M/L strings for the print routines, and the compressed (koala) load routine, so it would be impossible to disassemble them.

10 A$="936549236938265398"
20 B$="ghlghldhgldshglfdkldld"
30 A$(x)="sdhfsdlkfhlfhsldhfdls"
40 B$(y)="35275375275237590"

Try pulling that code out of a Compiled TB program :)

You get the idea. It was a wonderful thing when I did it, no one ever was able to disassemble it, the bad thing is, I locked myself out too.....

The 6.x version that I sold has many more features than the 5.x demo that is on the net.

I did a phone search for Carolyn Hoglin in Florida today. I got only one number, which is a good sign. She reviewed my program in Jan 1992 (and gave it a very good grade). It's too late to phone her now, but I might try tomorrow. I sure hope she still has the disk, and a way to .DCM, .SCP, or .ATR it.

Do a Google on Carolyn's Corner. She has good info on word processing / printing programs.

-K

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ]