It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:01 am

Page 2 of 4 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: MYIDE Interface REV.3/MYIDE 3.1
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:05 pm 

I understand, I have to check myself.
Cant do this at the moment......
Back at your service Sunday.

Do you want to revive the old drive with myide 3.1?
or
Do you want to install a new drive witb mybios 4.8?

This helps me, what i need to dig into.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:53 pm 

Hi Sijmen please help me install myide 4.8.0 to the hard drive and to make partitions.
If you start with me slowly and tell me exactly what to put in D1: and to boot the atari without pressing option and to tell me what to type etc!!!! I can do it i just need to be taught slowly and i do follow instructions.

I can't get my head around your manuals because it tells me to put mydos in D1 then boot myide well i know that what ever is in D1 will boot first so that confuses me!!!!

Sijmen i'd apreciate it if you could start me from the beginning with mybios 4.0.5 as its menu driven and that would be easier for me.

Thanks Andrew :oops:

Last edited by Back2skooldaze on Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:28 pm 

Hi Sijmen a quick update setting up a clean 1gig hard drive.

I have managed to create a 65535 partition and i chose D3 from the guide but i am stuck on it from there?

When i boot with the MAST1-B then press select with MYIDE-HE in i can now boot to the partition because i have 0001 in the middle of the screen and i can move up or down using the joystick.

I have pressed fire but nothing happens? How to do i write the DOS/DUP files to the partition ?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:34 pm 

Hi Sijmen i am getting somewhere :):):):):):)

I did the trick to unplug the ide cable and load the master disk then mydo and plugged the ide back in and the i copied the DOS files to the drive and it worked ;)

I now need to suss out how to transfer and atr files to the partition 1 so when i see 001 i can click the fire button and it loads because at the moment when i do press fire the hard drive clicks and flashes a light and thats all ?

I can create a directory on the hard drive and get mydos to use that directory.My hard drive is D3:I can use format in dos to format any partition i create.

Hi Sijmen please hold on the setup with mybios 4.8.05

I want to get to learn how to get a hard drive partition working with rev3.1 I just now need to find out how to transfer an atr to the partition.If you can help me there much appreciated

Sijmen i am learning this very easy 3.1 I have made a partition in D2: i have then WRITHD.OBJ then i copied the DOS files and all works.I then made a directory as ANDREW TAYLOR it works
I made a partition as 65335 and in dos i have DOS SYS 0018 DUP SYS 0027 My directory is 0008 and i have 0655 free sectors.
I just need to know now how to transfer an atr to the hard drives partition ;)

I can make as many directories as i like now and i can format them all and write to them ;) I am going to try and transfer an atr to 0001

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:31 am 

final update! I can format and write DOS/DUP files to any partition i create on the hard drive but i can't get to load anything from it?

If i load MAST31-B then MYIDE-HE i then press SELECT and i still get the 0001 which i can move up or down with the joystick but when pressing fire i hear the hard drive click and flash once and thats all ? I have successfully transferred stuff from the pc using AspeQT and once on the hard drive partition i get back to the 0001 and pressing fire i can't load anything?

Thats the bit i need to do to complete messing about with the myide interface and hard drive before moving on to the MYBIOS 4.8.05

Once i have sussed all this out i will then upgrade to the MYIDE-II cf card from atarimax.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:49 am 

WOOP WOOP !!!!! I have got the original hard drive you did for me Sijmen ;)

The problem was i have to switch the img/load and pressing 6 then enter then enter again it automatically put the start image at 512.

So i booted with MAST31-B then MYIDE-HE and pressing select VOILA up came 0001 i press the fire buttin and the first multi boot menu appears.I check this out loading the first game centipede and VOILA back in business ;)

So i am going to try on the other hard drive now and see if i can transfer from pc to the partition switch the img/load on and see if it works ;)

I got there in the END ! 8)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:22 am 

YAY!!! I am writing to the hard drive pressing left on the joystick and pressing fire button ;)

WOW :P :P :P :P :P

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:39 pm 

Nice, you can skip using the masterdisk....
The -he loads a copy you installed (writehd) from hd. :-)
That shortens bootup-time drastical.
Still on holidays, so take care.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:45 am 

Hi Sijmen,Thank you very much for your help and sorry for interrupting your holiday! I'll wait until your back home ;)

I'd like to try the MYBIOS 4.8.05 next just to see how it looks and goes ;)

The rev3.1 is boring to me now Lol I have been transferring stuff to the hard drive but some stuff is hit and miss ?

I downloaded some multi boot disks with games on and after transferring to 0009 on the hd I would then try to load it and all i get is a black screen but if i try some other multi boot disk then it works after i have over written on 0009 so the 3.1 is ok to play about with but not good as there is no menu listing 0001 and so on you have to click to see then press reboot holding down the option then select then start to get back to 0001 then change to 0002 and so on
So i think the MYBIOS 4.8.05 will be better as there is a menu system so you can see whats on the disk before loading anything.

Andrew :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:06 am 

I would say, just go for it.
Just try and error through it, like you did with 3.1
The Myide-drive-LBA2-manager (Windows/PC-tool) is very handy to transfer stuff.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1318

Just remember to enter the MyIDE-MENU once and exit/safe to update to the 4.8 format!

4.8.5 has the same function as 3.1 but nicer and with menu's.
After done SETUP, forget this disk.
LOAD will start the BIOS from your harddrive.
4.8.5 is self-containing, no extra disks needed, all tools for setting-up etc is in the bios.
Like MyIDE-MENU equals FDISK.BAS, IMAGE-MENU, RESET-MENU (shift+control+tab)

Use START for images, the list will be empty names, since 3.1 did not support this.
You can fill in the names into the slots, so you see what number is what game.
But it could well be, that you can't enter names......, since there is no density information either.
So you need to redo some copy work with the > key (SIO-to-HD)

I read your progress here later, success.

Sijmen.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:46 am 

Just for you, a re-compiled DISK version for the older 3.1 MyIDE-hardware.
I used the files I have on archive.

Tested it here on a setup with a small 2.0 GB 3.5"HD and it works like a charm.
Please run your Atari SELF-TEST and check keyboard, if SELECT, OPTION and START-keys work.
This to tackle your problem with starting the MyIDE-MENU from scratch.

MyBIOS 4.8.0A, the unreleased beta with some bugfixes to the 4.8.05 release.
Don't ask me what fixes, that is 4 years ago, can't remember any more.....

I would suggest you use another harddrive then the one you have with 3.1 formatted/partitioned.

There are images and/or files attached to this posting. You must be logged-in to view or download this content.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:58 am 

Hi Sijmen THANK YOU very much for attaching the link i have extracted to my myide folder on pc.
My head has gone scrambled again please tell me step 1 what to do first?

I can load the setup then reboot to load the MYBIOS menu but thats all nothing happens when pressing start/option/select?

You will have to start me from the beginning on this i've got so used to doing everything on the 3.1 now so i am guessing do i still have to load UTIL to fdisk again to set up the hard drive? or do i load the MAST31-B first then forget that and load setup?

I'm all confused :(

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:37 am 

Hi Sijmen i'm all confused with using this mybios 4.0.5.8

Whats the first thing to do? do i still load MAST31-B then load setup?

If i load the setDE it then tells me to remove disk and reload so when putting the loadDE in i press reset and it loads to the MYBIOS-DE menu but i can't do anything when pressing option/select/start ??? AND yes they are working i tested then in the selftest?

if i press the shift key a light lights up on my hard drive in the middle of the menu on screen Its got IDE-PORT IDE-DEVICE MENU SIDE
If press any key the menu reloads and the hard drive is flashing?

Is there something i have to do first before loading the setDE disk ?

Sorry :oops:

How do i do this, Just remember to enter the MyIDE-MENU once and exit/safe to update to the 4.8 format! ?

Sijmen i am using a freshley formatted fat32 1 gig hard drive so there is nothing on it so once i get this going i presume i need to set a partition etc once i get in to the setup menu?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:58 am 

anything i do like pressing keys on the keyboard the hard drive light start to flash? the hard drive seems to be working i just can't get in to the myide menu ?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:15 am 

Like I said.
After running setup, forget this disk and all other disks related to 3.1
Very important not to use the old 3.1 disks at all...
You only need LOADxx.atr to startup everything.

Do you press an hold the 3 keys down? That is a must.
Please re-read my posts, thanks.
Manual, refer to the myide-menu chapter.
I cant make things clearer at the moment.

Page 2 of 4 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next