It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:21 am

Page 3 of 4 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: MYIDE Interface REV.3/MYIDE 3.1
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:34 pm 

Hi Sijmen I have checked the start/select/option buttons are working ok.

Do i start by loading the SETUP48DE after that loads i then hear the hard drive click and a green light flashes then i am prompted to remove the disk and reboot.So i then put the LOAD48DE in D1: and press reboot so that then its loaded to the MYBIOS 4.8.0.5
BUT when holding all 3 buttons down it just keeps reloading and no menu to set up the drive?

My hard drive is detected ok i don't seem to be able to get in to the menu system to set the partitions up ?

Does MYBIOS 4.8.0.5 work with an hard drive? or is it mainly for compact flash cards?

Ive gone over and over the manual and i don't seem to be doing anything wrong ? I have deleted all 3.1 stuff out so i only have the LOAD48DE and SETUP48DE that you kindly attached to the last post?

Am i doing this wrong? I load SETUP48DE then it tells me to remove disk and reboot so i then place the LOAD48DE IN D1: and press reset so the atari starts to load and then MYBIOS 4.0.5 appears but holding down start/select/option just makes the atari reboot back to the menu ? I can hold down start which takes me to another screen ok but getting in to the menu screen i don't know?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:56 pm 

Everytime i press all 3 buttons down it loads from D1: then back to MYBIOS-DE menu ??? I have held the buttons down and im not able to get in to the set screen ???? This is so frustrating when i am almost there!

Iv'e notice there is plenty of onlookers reading my posts i wonder if someone else would care to pop in and lend a hand?

I must be doing something wrong? I have setup loaded then removed the disk when prompted then put load in D1: and the menu appears.I can't get in to the setup screen holding down 3 buttons? I can hold start down which enters me in the image menu i can press escape and get back to the menu screen i can hold down the select button which takes me to a reset menu screen pressing escape gets me back to the menu If i hold the shift key down the screen dims and a green light shows on the hard drive ????
If i press any key on the keyboard it reloads from D1: back to the menu.

Where am i going wrong? I just need to get in to the MYIDE-MENU gggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :evil:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:14 pm 

Can some one on here pleeeeeeeease jump in and help? I'm holding down all 3 buttons and it just reboots to the LOAD48DE in D1:
My hard drive seems to be working with the software because if i disconnect the hard drive then MYBIOS won't load.

Any keys pressed makes the hard drives green light flash.If i press the shift key to start cartridge the green light comes on the hard drive and everything pauses on screen until i let go which then it loads back to the menu.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:54 pm 

When i am in the MYBIOS-DE 4.8.0A and i hold down the start button it takes me to the -IMAGE MENU-

I can use my joystick to go up or down and the hard drive flashes at the same time ?

Is there supposed to be something on the hard drive to be recognised first? I still can't get in to the menu holding down the option/select/start ??? All it does it reboots to the MYBIOS-DE 4.8.0 screen ?

I have tried the MyIDE Drive Manager on windows 10 and it states MyIDE Manager could not identify any drives having configured partitions or image slots.
If i take the hard drive from the atari and use a usb hard driver external dock i can place the hard drive in there but in MyIDE Manager under drive information i see the hard drive as Physical Drive 4 i click on that and another message pops up please select the image(s) that the ATR images should be written to.

So should there be something on my hard drive before MYBIOS-DE 4.8.0 will let me in the menu holding all 3 buttons?

There is nothing else i can do here i have gone over the manual which tells me nothing oppose to what i am doing?

All i want to do is get in to MYBIOS-DE 4.8.0's menu so i can set the hard drive up in there.Everything else is working like holding down start button gets me in to the -IMAGE MENU- If i hold down that get's me in to -RESET MENU- If i press any keys on the keyboard MYBIOS just reloads and if i press shift the screen freezes and a green light shows on the hard drive.If i press shift/control/tab MYBIOS just reloads? If i press S it takes me to the SIDE screen with two lines of garbled characters?

There is something i am missing to get access to the menu system but i don't know?
All i am using is the SETUP48DE then LOAD48DE and thats all ?????

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:15 am 

Sijmen before i can iuse MYBIOS 4.8.0A do i need to create a partition on the hard using the 3.1 disks ?

Once a partition has been created do i then use SETUP48DE then reboot with LOAD48DE ?

When pressing the 3 buttons down i'm not getting in to the menu? it just keep rebooting from LOAD48DE in D1:
If i don't touch anything i can see the words at the bottom of the screen light up and as soon as its got to the end it reboots just like when i press all 3 buttons?

GGGRRRRRRRRRRRRR This is madness all i want to do is get in to that menu system so i can set the hard drive up? Everything else seems to be working on MYBIOS?????

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:21 am 

I have set up the hard drive using the 3.1 method and created a partition 65535 hi density.I then booted the MAST31 then MYIDE-HE and transferred 1 game Gyruss to 0001 .I then pressed fire to make sure the game booted which it did.
So i then switched off the atari and put SETUP48DE in D1: which then loaded and a screen stating to remove disk and reboot.So i then put LOAD48DE in D1: pressed reset and it loaded to MYBIOS-DE 4.8.0 .I still can not get access to the menu system but i can get to the IMAGE MENU and i can use my joystick to move and down whilst i can hear the hard drive clicking and a green light flashing as i move up or down?

The Gyruss game is not listed which i thought was going to happen but it did not :cry:

So i am completely stuck with getting access to the menu? I even watch a video by atarimax setting up a myide-II and no matter what i do i can not get to the menu system? All my buttons are working i have checked them in self test

I am missing something so slightly to get access to the menu? I have described how i am loading the SETUP48DE then LOAD48DE and getting to the menu.All other functions work apart from holding down the option/select/start buttons????? It just keeps rebooting back to the MYBIOS menu ???? If i press s on the keyboard i enter the SIDE menu and there is one line with garble characters but when pressing enter the screen just goes blank?

I am stuck totally stuck! I am going to leave this and keep checking back to see if you can help me more as you will recognise all the actions i am doing.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I have even formatted the hard drive on the pc as fat32 so the disk has nothing on it so when using 3.1 it asks me to initialise the hard drive but when using MYBIOS 4.8.0 I can't even get to the menu to set the drive up ?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:33 am 

We go step by step next time, OK?

But first this and please do so.
>After you have used SETUP, forget about this disk, never put it back in D1:
>SETUP only copies the MyBIOS to the HARDDRIVE that is attached to the MyIDE.
>After doing this one-time setup, you only need to use LOADxx.atr in D1: to load an start the BIOS.

The alternative way to enter the MyIDE-MENU is tapping and keep tapping HELP when you have the welcome screen.
This does not always work, especially when there is garbage on the drive.
Only when you are in the MyIDE-MENU, you can continue with the quickguide to setup your partitions.

SIDE, the fat32-loader only works from 8bit compatible devices, so yeah CF-only.
I will attach some pics later today to show you were to solder a 5volt lead on your MyIDE-PCB.
So you can use a IDE-to-CF-adapter and you can work with CF-cards.

I do have a private life and am not 24/7 on the forum, sorry.

I have tested the bios on a 2.0Gb 3.5" harddrive. It works.

But never the less, I'm going to wipe the harddrive and do the setup again.
Back later today and let you know the result.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:53 am 

The 5 volt modification to make IDE-to-CF-adapters work.

Don't worry about real harddrives and this modification.
These have no pin-20, so the 5 volt will do no harm.

There are images and/or files attached to this posting. You must be logged-in to view or download this content.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:11 am 

Back2skooldaze wrote:
Sijmen before i can iuse MYBIOS 4.8.0A do i need to create a partition on the hard using the 3.1 disks ?

Once a partition has been created do i then use SETUP48DE then reboot with LOAD48DE ?

When pressing the 3 buttons down i'm not getting in to the menu? it just keep rebooting from LOAD48DE in D1:
If i don't touch anything i can see the words at the bottom of the screen light up and as soon as its got to the end it reboots just like when i press all 3 buttons?

GGGRRRRRRRRRRRRR This is madness all i want to do is get in to that menu system so i can set the hard drive up? Everything else seems to be working on MYBIOS?????

Yes, absolutely correct.
SETUP is only to install the BIOS, after that disregard this disk for ever.
LOAD is to load and start the system.
If loading fails, you get a message or scrambled colors.
But since you get the welcome menu, all is fine, oki doki, tip top, ready to go.

Now when you have NOT partitioned the hard-drive yet, ANY continue will boot D1 again;
-loads the BIOS and you are back to square one.
START sends you to the image-menu, but without partitioning this is garbage too.
SELECT sends you to the reset-menu.
OPTION selects BASIC and continue the boot-process, going in circles....
Any-key will continue the boot-process too, again circling around the point you are started with.
Since the same disk is still in drive one.....

But you can insert any other disk after the bios is loaded, then you continue there with mybios in control.

Try tapping HELP, keep tapping it.
But to be honest; START+SELECT+OPTION all together at once and keep them down must work.

Tested today with 2.0 GB hard-drive and 4.0GB CF with the PCB shown in the picture.
All works perfectly.

So my next step is to wait for your progress, tomorrow another day for me.
I'm sure you get it to work after this post.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:05 am 

OH Sijmen OH Sijemn LOL VOILA! I pressed all 3 buttons down and tapped the help and it instantly got to the screen i needed :lol:

Isn't it amazing going round and round in circles banging my head on the desk and it all boiled down to a simple tap of the help key TUT TUT! Well i am not complaining i am now over the moon i can move on further now and see how menus look 8)

Thanks for the tip on the 5volt wire to the myide interface.What i am using now with the hard drive is an old ata psu with a click on and off switch to power the hard drive and there is the floppy connectors on there too! I was thinking of trying an ide-cf board that needs a floppy connector to power it up and a cheap 1 gig cf card.

Sijmen thank you VERY MUCH for your true persistence i am very greatful !! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:24 am 

Dear Sijmen,I want to say a massive thank you for all your time and effort in helping me i feel i have not only stressed myself out but you also with questions and frustrations! BUT it all came together in the end.

I am going to have a play some more with an ide-cf adapter and go again from there but i can assure you i will be upgrading to buying the Myide-II and i need to purchase the USB version of the Ape cable I am not able to use the rs232 drivers using the usb-serial adapter so best to purchase the cable and get the software fully registered.

I have followed the quick setup guide and i have created a BOOTPART partition and a 65535 MYDOS4.5 partition on the hard drive.
Both D1: + D2: have been formatted and DOS DUP files written to D1: so when loading MYBIOS I can press any key to load straight to MYDOS 4.5

The only thing is i need to work on is how to start transferring atr's to the menu so i can load stuff but i have a sneaky feeling this is going to be much easier to do with a cf card oppose to the hard drive?

writing to the hard drive under 3.1 was easy but now i am using MYBIOS i have to figure out how to transfer an atr to 00 in the menu ?

The Myide driver manager obviously works with cf cards i've not been able to get the hard drive working under this????

But things are looking up now 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:53 am 

Back2skooldaze wrote:
Dear Sijmen,I want to say a massive thank you for all your time and effort in helping me i feel i have not only stressed myself out but you also with questions and frustrations! BUT it all came together in the end.

writing to the hard drive under 3.1 was easy but now i am using MYBIOS i have to figure out how to transfer an atr to 00 in the menu ?

The Myide driver manager obviously works with cf cards i've not been able to get the hard drive working under this????

But things are looking up now 8)

No, problem, you are in luck that I'm a relative patient guy and keep repeating myself ;-)

Uh, look in the manual, put your ATR as D1:
Go to the IMAGE menu.
Select a slot
Press >
Enter a name
Press Y to confirm you want to copy here.

No, the MyIDE-manager works perfectly also with real harddrives.
The thing it was missing the last time you tried was the MyIDE-partitions.
Since they are now presen, it should load fine and let you up/download ATR files.

Since you are on 4.8 now, please do NOT use any tool related to earlier versions.
They will screw-up your setup, since 4.8 is totally different with using the MBR-record.
(=master boot record, for use on PC)

As CF-card I use mainly the Transcend 1Gb 80x cards.
You can buy them relatively cheap from ebay etc.
I have bad experience with Kingston, they seem incompatible with the 3.x-interface.

But the biggest advantage of CF is that you can use fat32 too.
Loading XEX-files directly from CF using SIDE.
(After partitioning on the Atari, you need to format the card with fat32 on PC, size for PC is about 40% so 400mb)

Take care,
Sijmen.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:29 am 

WOW THIS IS FRICKING AWESOME!!!!! IT WORKS A TREAT!! I have had the myide interface with hard drive stuck in a cupboard for a very long time and i never really got to play and use the myide interface properly so it's been 14years sitting there doing nothing and i FINALLY set it up and getting it working.Oh how i have missed out i should have been doing this way back!
Maybe i was too long on my Amiga's/c64 and not give the Atari much thought but now i have its AWESOME!!!!

Now i'll rig my lantronix uds-10 serial to ethernet device and the atari 850 interface and getting on the bbs sites ;)))))

I do miss bbs !

I bow down to you Sir Sijmen !!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Just 1 question Sijmen when transferring something from the SIO to the HD why is there is beeps sounds when transferring ??? I like to hear those beeps 8)

Just 1 more question Sijmen,How do i know the games/ATR'S are writing to the D2: which was setup with 65535 sectors?
I have D1: Setup with MYDOS written to it so i just need to make sure i am using D2: for the ATR'S?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:25 am 

Hi Sijmen,I don't really want to keep bothering you with this but i have received my 4GB CF card and an ide to CF adapter.
I have plugged it all in and hooked up the power.

I have gone through the setup guide word for word.I even know it off the top off my head i have typed all the instructions in over and over.
The problem is I can't get the BOOTPART to boot to MYDOS?

I have got loads of games in the Image menu and i have even got exe files/games in the SIDE part which works fantastic.
The problem is as soon as i have enabled the BOOTPART by using Change then Partition A then 1 which assigns to the ide as soon as i press ESC then Yes the atari just goes to blue screen? If i don't enable the BOOTPART i can ESC and press Y successfully which then boots the MYDOS in D1: on AspeQT and from there i can format D1:D2: The problem doing this is i can format D1: then write the DOS files to D1: but its doing all this to the floppy image in AspeQT and not the BOOTPART Partition on the ide ?

Can you help? I have gone over and over the same instructions and the problem i am hitting is when i do the Change then Partition A then 1 which successfully assigns the BOOTPART but i can't ESC then Y to successfully boot to MYDOS in AspeQT where i can then format and write the DOS files to the IDE/CF card? It keeps writing to the D1:in AspeQT?

I have got all the other parts working great..Image menu and SIDE.I just need to get the BOOTPART to work from the ide/CF card and NOT the D1: in AspeQT

If i put the CF card from the Atari in to the pc and open the LBA manager i can see the 2 partitions i have made?
BOOTPART is S density and the MYDOS partition is D density

In MYIDE MENU i press Init then Auto the CHS is 07769 16 63 IS/IZ:16 02 Q
The BOOTPART starts from 01008
The MYDOS starts from 65535

The CF card i have is a Transcend 4GB 133x

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:16 pm 

quick update! I have Init the cf card chosen Auto then waited
I then make partition BOOTPART as single density
Then i make partition 2 with 65535 sectors called MYDOS as Double density
I then press C to change the BOOTPART
I then press ESC and press Y and i now get the atari coloured bars? I am not able to get DOS on the first partition for some reason?

I have also done the above and sometimes being able to press ESC and Y which then flashes on the CF and ide cart which then takes me back to the MYBIOS screen but when i put the MYDOS in D1: on AspeQT and press a key on the Atari i also get coloured bars?

The CF card seems to be working OK? I'm just not able to get DOS written to the first partition without it going to the MYBIOS screen and loading MYDOS from D1:AspeQT
If i don't enable BOOTPART with Change partition A then 1 i can boot to the MYBIOS screen or MYDOS? its as soon as i enable the BOOTPART when things go wrong?

I am going to find a transcend 80x CF card and try again.The card i am using is 133x maybe thats the problem?

Page 3 of 4 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next