It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:03 am




 Page 5 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Limited Edition ColecoVision Ultimate SD
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:02 pm 

Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:49 pm
Posts: 2
goldenegg wrote:
Really? Come on man, you should know better than that. Selling ROMs is illegal. Not cool at all!


I am not selling the ROMs. They are all available for free download on the webpage.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Limited Edition ColecoVision Ultimate SD
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:36 am 

Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:23 am
Posts: 15
dharley wrote:
I am not selling the ROMs. They are all available for free download on the webpage.


From your website

Quote:
The package includes 307 games with their screenshot (in the multicart format) and 119 manuals.


The ROMs are part of the 'package', therefore you are selling ROMs.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Limited Edition ColecoVision Ultimate SD
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:36 am 

Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:49 pm
Posts: 2
goldenegg wrote:
The ROMs are part of the 'package', therefore you are selling ROMs.


Really? Come on man, just admit you are wrong and that you never looked at the web page. How can I sell something I am making available for free? I am selling the screen shots and manuals.

Screen shots are NOT standard images (e.g. JPGs). You need to process each JPG through CVPaint and save them in PC format. This takes time as does formatting the manuals. A lot of people do not want to spend the time to do this and will lose one of the best features of the multicart. If they do not want to purchase the screen shots and images, they can still download all the games for free.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Limited Edition ColecoVision Ultimate SD
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:51 am 

Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:23 am
Posts: 15
dharley wrote:
goldenegg wrote:
The ROMs are part of the 'package', therefore you are selling ROMs.


Really? Come on man, just admit you are wrong and that you never looked at the web page. How can I sell something I am making available for free? I am selling the screen shots and manuals.

Screen shots are NOT standard images (e.g. JPGs). You need to process each JPG through CVPaint and save them in PC format. This takes time as does formatting the manuals. A lot of people do not want to spend the time to do this and will lose one of the best features of the multicart. If they do not want to purchase the screen shots and images, they can still download all the games for free.


I actually did visit your website, hence the direct quote I pasted above.

When you put something in a package you're charging money for, you're officially selling that item. Whether you like it or not, that's what you're doing.

I have no issue with you wanting to charge for the modified screenshots and manuals (as long as you created the original content or have been given permission by the original content creators), but I do have an issue with you including the ROMs in that package that is for sale.

That's it. I'll leave it as that. No reason to fill up this thread with further off-topic posts.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Limited Edition ColecoVision Ultimate SD
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:50 pm 
ERROR AT LINE 0
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 9:55 am
Posts: 1035
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
I'm sorry I had to moderate a few posts and actually edit out a URL posted until there is some clarification about home-brew ROM images being for sale without permission.

There is a thread at AtariAge here about it.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/16 ... rew-games/

Until then please do not re-post the removed URL.

Steve


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Limited Edition ColecoVision Ultimate SD
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:32 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2003 4:37 pm
Posts: 223
Location: Arizona USA
I recently bought a ColecoVision. I only had three cartridges so I also bought the Ultimate SD cart here from CLASSICS, but I have not heard yet about delievery time. I have been reading the posts but got a little lost with all the many posts not related to usage and software on the CD.

UPDATE: Arrived today 08/22/2011. Loaded the few coleco roms I could find into a folder. Added the images-manuals from the above posted images and manuals download. My keypads are a little slow to repond, but they are getting better every hour.
8)



_________________
RoyE
Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 Page 5 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

cron