It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:49 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Lost Data from Colecovision and Atari 5200 sd cards
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:55 pm 

While attempting to tidy up files on the Atari 5200 and Colecovision sdcards...I accidentally deleted them.

Both sd cards still have the .sto file, and both still run all games 100% perfectly!

I was actually trying to back up the files included, when something went wrong (don't ask, rofl)...

So basically, could you please send to me the original folders and data that was on the:

Colecovision sd card
Atari 5200 sd card

(basically whatever was on the cards when first shipped to me)

If you can, please send this data to my email address: andyandkaren11@gmail.com
I just ordered these sd cards recently, perhaps you can check your records to verify this.

These multicarts are absolutely awesome! They are so fun to play with.

Oh yeah, one other favor if I could ask.

On Atari 5200, I'd love to have images to my games, but I cannot find an appropriate image converter (such as converting from jpg to .pic). Could you send any images of games you might have (like box scans or whatever) so I can load them onto the sd card-and view them through the real Atari 5200. I've already found loads of great colecovision images by someone who posted on this site.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Have a great day!

-Andrew

Post subject: Re: Lost Data from Colecovision and Atari 5200 sd cards
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:44 pm 
ERROR AT LINE 0

Hi Andrew,

Can you send me an e-mail at classics@atarimax.com regarding the SD cards? It's much easier for me to exchange files that way rather than using the PM message interface.

There aren't many screenshots for the 5200 because the Atari 8-bit computers generate most of their graphics dynamically from memory contents and programs can change the sources of screen contents on a line by line basis. You basically need the original programs running to display the same graphics in many cases.

The image format supported by the display software on the cartridge is Micro Painter format. I am not aware of any tools to convert JPG or other images down to this format. Someone was working on one at the time I did the cart, but I'm not sure if anything came of it.

Steve

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]