It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:57 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Developers documentation request
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:27 am 

I'm looking to port a game I'm developing, for the Maxflash 8mbit Flash Cartridge for the 800 series, to the Atari 5200 Ultimate SD Cartridge. I am looking for developers documentation for the Atari 5200 Ultimate SD Cartridge. I see there are the following features:

New 512KB Hybrid Bank Switching mode allowing new games/applications full Read/Write access to 512KB of RAM. Even the largest 8-bit computer games can now be ported to the 5200.
Programmer API for accessing cartridge services at run time. Easy fopen/fclose type API for reading/writing files, or use block load/save operations. All API functions have C wrappers for use with CC65.
Programmer API will effectively allow creation of games of true unlimited size, as game banks, level data, save game data, etc can all be dynamically loaded from and saved to SD card in microseconds while the game is running.
Cartridge system software loaded dynamically from SD card at power on.

I need to know the Hybrid mode details and the API. Also, I'm assuming it is standard for the cart system sw to be overwritten by any game loaded.

Thanks,
Jerri

Post subject: Re: Developers documentation request
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 1:29 pm 

Perhaps you can send a private massage or email to Steve?

Post subject: Re: Developers documentation request
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:25 pm 

Steve kindly gave me some info about the hybrid modes when I was working on AtariBlast!

I posted some information about the 8K read/write hybrid mode in the AtariAge programming forum here:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/221479-5200-ultimate-sd-cart-hybrid-8k-write8k-read-mode/?p=2917347

Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Paul

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]