It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:07 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Anyone use Chaos Music Composer?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:08 pm 

Hi,

If this should be posted in another part of the forum please let me know.

I'm new to the community, having just acquired a MyIDE-II cart for my 130XE. I know this might not be the place to ask a software question, but I can't find the answer anywhere. I've been learning Chaos Music Composer 2.0 from a list of commands I found posted on another forum. I can get it to run and can create patterns and songs but I cannot assign different instruments to the three channels. When I create patterns and drop them into the 3 song channels they all play the same instrument, even though I know I am supposed to be able to assign different sounds to each one. I chose and confirmed instrument choices as I was creating the individual patterns, but's not playing back as three separate instruments. Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Post subject: Re: Anyone use Chaos Music Composer?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:30 pm 

Hi!

Yes I have been using CMC a lot years ago.
It's quite a nice composer, although it is considered as not as powerful as RMT (And other formats like theta music composer and MPT)

Anyway:
You can move between windows with TAB

When you create a pattern (that is the biggest window on the left) you have to assign the right instrument for every note. With CTRL + arrow left/right you can browse through the instrument window (that is top right window).

In the window bottom right you set the patterns to the right channel. Remember though that channel one is a 16bit channel so when your instruments are 16bit you'll get the right sound there.

Important to remember:
The program does not work properly on STEREO atari computers.

If you need more questions feel free to ask.
Greetz
Marius

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]