It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:36 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: OSRAM product list
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 12:23 pm 

I was wondering if there is a list of programs that utilize OSRAM and, therefore, would be incompatible with the F2 version of MyBIOS.

For instance, I know that Turbo BASIC XL uses this area along with compiled TBXL programs. In addition, Sparta DOS X uses it, but you can set a parameter to tell it not to use that area of RAM.

I am trying to determine if it is worthwhile to install the ROM based version of MyBIOS. I know some people find it essential to have it in ROM but I like the fact that if I remove the cartridge, my XEGS is a stock machine.

If I had a list of products that use OSRAM, I could do a simple cost/benefit analysis to see if having the ROM version is worth it for me.

Bob C

Post subject: Re: OSRAM product list
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 2:12 am 

No, there is no list.

But beside the usage of OSRAM there are also a lot of programs that change PORTB to stock OS or have a custom disk-IO.

SDX can be run without the use of OSRAM.
[USE NONE] 1st line in config.sys
But that is not a usable solution when you don't have extra memory available.
It's better to [USE BANKED].

Not sure about the current SDX version.
It seems to basically switches off any OS run from RAM and has a mind of it own....
Yeah, I'm not a spartados fan, sorry.

Post subject: Re: OSRAM product list
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 4:55 pm 

I thought there was not an existing list, but I was hoping other people would see this topic and add programs to it. Since my XEGS is in good condition, I would rather not install a BIOS switcher to toggle between the stock Atari BIOS and MyBIOS. I would want the stock BIOS as an option in case some strange program needed it. In addition, Missile Command is built into the stock BIOS.

If I saw enough games and applications that I want to use that required the ROM version, then I would decide to have the R2 version installed into the XEGS.

Bob C

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]