It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:58 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: What is a .PAC MyBIOS file and how do I use it?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:25 am 

I just recently downloaded what appears to be the latest update for my MyIDE2 firmware; MyIDE-%5D%5B-B16 and the readme.txt says I can use the MyBIOS-F2.PAC file to create my own workbook with the update, but I can't find anything in the Maxflash studio manual or MyBIOS manual that says anything about .pac files and what they are and how to use them with Maxflash Studio.

In the past I have just modified the shipping workbook since I've had the MyIDE 2 cart and programmer cart with Maxflash Studio. I was surprised not to see another .MCW workbook for the latest update, instead it's a .pac file I've never heard of or come across before...

Thanks for your help!!!

Post subject: Re: What is a .PAC MyBIOS file and how do I use it?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:40 pm 

Gunstar wrote:
I just recently downloaded what appears to be the latest update for my MyIDE2 firmware; MyIDE-%5D%5B-B16 and the readme.txt says I can use the MyBIOS-F2.PAC file to create my own workbook with the update, but I can't find anything in the Maxflash studio manual or MyBIOS manual that says anything about .pac files and what they are and how to use them with Maxflash Studio.

In the past I have just modified the shipping workbook since I've had the MyIDE 2 cart and programmer cart with Maxflash Studio. I was surprised not to see another .MCW workbook for the latest update, instead it's a .pac file I've never heard of or come across before...

Thanks for your help!!!

From what I was able to find, .pac is an ST file format, @Gunstar.

http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=29399

--Tim

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:07 pm 

Timothy Kline wrote:
Gunstar wrote:

Thanks for your help!!!

From what I was able to find, .pac is an ST file format, @Gunstar.

http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=29399

--Tim

Well, then I don't know what it would have to do with MyIDE II firmware update...Everything is for Windows PC and Atari 8-bit...it must be a coincidence or something... :? :?:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:06 am 

Latest firmware for MyBIOS, including the 4.8 and 4.9 is here:
http://www.mr-atari.com/Mr.Atari/MyIDE- ... 20%237.zip

-Unzip
-Put .bin on your cf card
-Boot FAT-loader
-Select file and press cntrl-F (flash)

do not power down when flash is in progress!!

Some info:
http://www.mr-atari.com/Mr.Atari/MyIDE- ... d%20me.txt
http://www.mr-atari.com/Mr.Atari/MyBIOS/change-log.txt

---

.PAC files are specially compiled for the atarimax studio.
It is a BIOS-image and the .PAC tells this.
They can be added to your workbook with the add "load packed BIOS"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:20 pm 

Thank you for helping clarify things!

--Tim

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:43 pm 

Yes, thank you. I've just been living with the standard fair for past months, but am glad I finally got back over here to see what to do with the .pac file. Thanks!

I now finally have MyIDE 2 menu customized with what I want and looking the way I want! And I have to admit that I have not been a fan of MyBIOS until B16 (still and avid cassette user for one) but with B16 I now LOVE it, it's my new favorite finally toppling APE Warp+OS from my top spot (I've been a fan of Atarimax OS's for years, just not MyBIOS until now) and I plan on reprogramming my 32-in-1 and adding MyBIOS B16 to it! Thanks for all the great Atarimax products over the years!

My upgraded 1200XLmx (mx in honor of Atarimax products which my 1200XL is bursting with!): APE Warp +32-in-1, Atarimax Rambo 512, MyIDE 2 attached to SSDX cart w/RTC, Atarimax Happy in my 1050's, Atarimax 8Mb flashcart and Maxflash Studio w/Atarimax programmer...all working together in perfect harmony...blows away U1MB & SiDE 2 combo, IMHO! (I see no need for more than 512K ram memory, especially with the 512K sram on MyIDE 2 to use as well) A "maxed" out Atari, including some DIY upgrades of my own (like PBI upgrade-thanks for supporting it in B16!) and all 100% proudly made in America!

Kudos Mr. Atari and Mr. Tucker, live long and prosper!

One last thing though...is there a way I can get the OSS language roms on the main MyIDE 2 menu so I don't have to go into the Fat32 to load them? That would be the cherry on top!

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]