It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Adding programming languages to a 1mbit cartridge help.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:01 am 

I had noticed that Classics has an 8mbit cartridge utility image and I would like to put basic rev.c, action, mac65, and MissPacman on a 1mbit cartridge.
I tried to use the Studio software to create an ATR for reprogramming the cartridge that now only contains games.
With 128K, I would think it would be possible, but the rom images I have of the programming languages of mac65 and action are being rejected by the Studio software.
So any suggestions? Is it possible or am I beating my head up for nothing.
It just seems like a waste of space to put just one language of about 16K on a 128K cartridge.
What seems to be giving problems though is that the Studio says it cannot find the start of the second bank of the 16k although MissPacman, a 16k image went through with no problems.
So again, any suggestions?

PS.
I do not have the USB MAX_Flash programming cartridge.
Edited:
What I would like to put on the 1mbit cartridge, is Atari Basic rev.c 8k, mac65 16k, action 16k, MissPacman 16k and whatever else in form of a game that would fit.
Adding up the kiobytes, 8+16+16+16 is 56K and that should be doable. But the only binaries I can find of mac65 and action do not seem to want to work with the MaxFlash Studio software that I would use to make an ATR that I would use via SIO2PC (serial) to program the cartridge. Also, I do not know how to access the built in software on the cartridge when plugged into the Atari.
Is the built in software of any use to me and is there a manual for using it?

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]