It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: 1Mb MC: Randy's MultiCart 2 ... Need help, please!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 9:41 pm 

Randy's MultiCart 2

A) Aztec
B) Galaxian
C) Deluxe Invaders
D) Juice
E) Megalegs
F) Pooyan
G) Sea Dragon
H) Super Cobra
I) Caverns of Mars II

However, I am having a problem with Aztec, and I was hoping one of you could possibly help by downloading this and trying it out on your own 1Mb cart.

Here's the problem. I could not find an unhacked .EXE version of Aztec. I found an .XEX and a .COM version that both appeared to work, but ultimately did not. This multicart was tested and Aztec loads and runs perfectly on the Atari800WIN emulator, but won't run on either my 800 or my XEGS.
This version of Aztec has been hacked with cheat codes. When I first load it into the emulator (XL/XE mode...the multicart won't work at all on the 800 OSB mode), it has a countdown in the upper left corner, from 100 to 0, then brings up an Aztec title screen. Press the fire button, and it brings up the cheat menu. Pick some cheats (or don't) and hit START and the game works fine.
On my 800, the counter stops at 50 and locks up. On the XEGS (which is the system I want it to run on) it goes thru the countdown to 0, loads the title screen, press trigger, then it locks up on the cheat menu.

This particular multicart does not have the “-osb” because none of the games required it, and if I remember correctly, it seemed like some of them didn’t work at all.

I'd be curious to know if it will run on anyone else's XEGS, or for that matter, an 800 or an XL.

All the other 8 games work fine, by the way. :D

Thanks in advance!

PS - if you happen to have a regular, unhacked .EXE version of Aztec, I'd love a copy of that!

There are images and/or files attached to this posting. You must be logged-in to view or download this content.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 10:21 pm 

I tried Aztec on a XEGS and it wouldn't work..same problem as you describe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 2:34 pm 
ERROR AT LINE 0

If anyone downloaded the fixed version of Aztec, please upload it again if you can find it. I'm not sure this is the fully fixed version.

There are images and/or files attached to this posting. You must be logged-in to view or download this content.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 1:29 pm 

Here ya go, Steve! Sorry it took so long...

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]