It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Shipping update?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:55 pm 

Any updates on the current shipping times for the Maxflash programmers? I am really excited to try this out! It looks like a fantastic product. Order #2080050239.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Shipping update?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:39 am 

Nevermind. I just got my shipping update today! Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:37 pm 

krull2600 wrote:
Nevermind. I just got my shipping update today! Thanks!

How long did it take? I ordered mine and quite a few adapters last weekend, no update yet, just curious what it was for you. Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:39 pm 

If anyone has any info about current shipping times, I'm just curious. This weekend will be two weeks since my order, and I have no problem with any wait, I'd just like to know what to expect. I ordered a programmer with quite a few adapters. I didn't see anything on the site about estimated shipping times etc. and figure Steve may need to assemble a couple adapters or something. Still, it would just be nice to know what to expect if possible.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:40 pm 

I ordered the programmer and adapters (all listed as in stock on the website) on March 25th and the shipping update email was sent on April 7th. Took several days after this to actually arrive.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:48 pm 

Thanks, been a little over 2 weeks since I placed my order. The only response I've gotten to an email over the past 3 years was when someone else here reached out to Steve on Facebook, and that was for firmware updates for my flash carts I'd been trying to get for years, even tried different emails in case mine was being blocked.

I also pinged him on FB, in fact made an account just to send him a message, saying I wasn't in a hurry but just wanted to know what to expect with shipping. That was less than 24 hours ago but wondering if I'll hear something. I don't know how FB works nowadays, I'm not his Friend there yet so I don't know if he'll get the message. When I last used it many years ago, those often went into an 'other messages' bucket and weren't read. I'll see if he either replies or accepts my friend request there. I know he's a really busy guy, though something on the site saying shipping can take a while would cause less worry after an order. I'm ok if it takes a month to get here, I'd just like to know it's proceeding normally. Even if he doesn't get my emails, I'd guess that the store still sends him orders to fill lol. If he has any assembly to do that would also explain the wait as I ordered quite a few adapters.

I do wish the flash carts could be made so they aren't serial-dependant for firmware updates, so we could just click a link, or even if they were, but tied to our login like others do, so you login and one generated for your serial number is there. This method was fine until about 3 years ago when he stopped responding. I get it, being in healthcare during the pandemic and all, we're lucky to have him there and here making cool Atari stuff available, I just wish info was easier to get!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:34 pm 

I completely understand. I sent emails asking for shipping updates as well. I assumed since the website stated they were in stock, that meant it would ship right away. That was not the case. I also sent a few questions about using the products once I received them (I had an issue). Unfortunately, I never received any responses to any of my emails.

I will say, that in the end, I did receive what I ordered (a programmer and a few adapters). It all works really nice and I am very happy with the products. However, I do wish the overall experience had been better (due to the complete lack of communication). Hope you get your items soon. I am sure you will love them.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:48 pm 

krull2600 wrote:
I completely understand. I sent emails asking for shipping updates as well. I assumed since the website stated they were in stock, that meant it would ship right away. That was not the case. I also sent a few questions about using the products once I received them (I had an issue). Unfortunately, I never received any responses to any of my emails.

I will say, that in the end, I did receive what I ordered (a programmer and a few adapters). It all works really nice and I am very happy with the products. However, I do wish the overall experience had been better (due to the complete lack of communication). Hope you get your items soon. I am sure you will love them.

Can I ask what the issue was if it is anything I need to look out for? I'm looking forward to this, I have an OSCR dumper that along with adapters handles 12 consoles, but this also covers a few it doesn't, and for the ones that it does cover, I've found some interesting dumps that make me question what's currently considered proper out there (I've confirmed and fixed a few issues already), and dumping from a different device will help confirm if the dump is accurate or if there was an issue with the cart reader etc. So I'm excited to get it to compare some stuff and possibly identify some further incorrect info online!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:17 pm 

The issue I ran into was with dumping 7800 games. If I did not follow the exact connection / power up sequence outlined in the manual, I got a strange power surge error on Windows 10:

"Power surge on the USB port. Unknown USB Device needs more power than the port can supply".

I then had to restart my PC to get any of my USB ports to work again. If I followed the connection steps to the absolute letter (from the manual at https://www.atarimax.com/flashcart/docu ... pter9.html), it did not give this error.

What I did was this:

Plug the game into the adapter and then plug the adapter into the Atraimax and then plug it into the PC. (This gave the error)

Correct sequence:

Plug the adapter into the Atarimax. Plug the game into the Adapter. Connect the Atarimax into the PC. (This did not give the error).

I was just surprised by the result, and had inquired to see if this was expected. Maybe it was just a fluke or related to something else on my PC setup. Who knows.

This (and making sure you "really" clean your pins well) were my only hiccups. Some games would be overdumps. I would dump 2600 games and sometimes not get a good CRC match. I then would check a DAT file for the correct size. Sometimes I had an overdump, so I would just use a hex editor to delete the extra data at the end of the file. Then I had a correct dump. That happened a couple times. I can't remember what games they were though. Sometimes, I just had to REALLY clean my pins again to get a good dump.

Just FYI.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:10 pm 

Thanks for the heads up. It does seem odd that it would cause an issue when the same things are already connected to each other before connecting to the PC, but good to know. This will definitely be good for comparisons for me. An overdump I can handle, but I have some Intellivision games where the OSCR gives me some oddities, even on 2 copies of the same game - and a few other things to check. This will help me determine if the OSCR was right and the 'correct' dump hashes listed online are wrong, or if the dumper had an issue. I would say 'of course it is the dumper, these details have been recorded for decades' yet I've already found a couple that had mistakes in what's out there. In some cases the current known 'good' dump was simply extracted from an emulation collection for a later console, and was modified, and things like that.

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]