It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Which cart do I need for a 800XL?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:40 pm 

I'm completely unfamiliar with the Atari line of computers. I may be getting a 800XL and would like to get a flash cart for it.

My main desire is to use the abundance or ATR/ATX images available. My confusion is now which AtariMax cart(s) do I need? Is the MyIDE-II the one I want or do I get the 8Mb cart? If I get the 8Mb cart, do I also need the programmer?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm just trying to figure out what to buy if I get the computer.

Post subject: Re: Which cart do I need for a 800XL?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:53 pm 

I'm using five 8MB carts and the USB-programmer (which is NEEDED to store games on the cart) on an Atari 800 XL. I put 20 to 30 games on one cart. So that's plenty, no need to reprogram all the time. The PC-Software is easy to use. No problems.
As far as I understand, MyIDE is a new product. It was not available, when I got my carts. One CF-card should be all you need, for your games.
I think you'll be happy with both products. It's just an older product and a newer one.

Post subject: Re: Which cart do I need for a 800XL?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:34 pm 

Thanks for the response! I ended up getting the programmer, one 8Mb cart and the MyIDE II. I think I'm all set now :)

I figure I'll use the 8Mb cart for the games I'll play often and the MyIDE for general messing around.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]