It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Garbage on Menu Screen
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:34 pm 

I created a new workbook for my 8Mb cart, but I'm having a small problem. I'm getting garbage on the bottom of the third (last) page of the menu. All 49 games on the cart seem to work fine though. I thought that maybe the write to the cart was bad, but the trouble also happens under emulation during a preview (with Altirra) and with two different carts that I've tested. I've attached the MCW file for Flash Cart Studio, as well as the Word doc file that lists the games on the cart.

Could someone please help me to figure-out the trouble?

There are images and/or files attached to this posting. You must be logged-in to view or download this content.

Post subject: Re: Garbage on Menu Screen
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:53 am 
ERROR AT LINE 0

There is a limited amount of text space in the menu image for description entries.

This normally isn't a problem, but if you try to use very long names for every entry as you can see it fills up quickly and some entries are cut off.

If you remove the spaces and year entry from the long descriptions it will probably fit.

Steve

Post subject: Re: Garbage on Menu Screen
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:04 am 

classics wrote:
There is a limited amount of text space in the menu image for description entries [...] if you try to use very long names for every entry as you can see it fills up quickly and some entries are cut off.

Okay. Thanks for the advice. I removed some of the "white" space (the spaces). That fixed the problem. Maybe in the future Maxflash Cart Studio can keep track of how many legal spaces that the user has used so far and let the user know when they have hit the limit. I wasn't aware of the limit, so this would be a very helpful addition.

Thanks for the help. As always, your products make using the Atari fun!

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]