It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: flashing original cartridge images
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:45 pm 

I have a couple of ligthgun games wich are all cartridge images (.bin files). How to flash these games to the atari max cart? Is this possible?

Post subject: Re: flashing original cartridge images
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:21 pm 

Hi,

This is not so easy because there are two problems:
- the first one is related to bank switching system
- the second one is related to the menu (only if you want several games on the same AtariMax cartridge).

The games using a light gun are Atari Super XE cartridges. They use a bank switching system at $8000-$9FFF and range $A000-$BFFF is mapped to one bank and can not be changed. The bank switching system of the Atari Super XE cartridge is different from the one used by AtariMax cartridges. In fact, they are incompatible !

The easiest way would be to find a file version of the cartridge (from which the bank switching system has been removed) and flash it on a cart.

Regards,

Eric.

Post subject: SIO2PC cartridge imagaes
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 5:00 am 

Is it possible to boot via SIO2PC from this cartridge images? Or can i convert the .bin files to atr ones? I have not file versions of my lightgun games (barnyard blaster, crime buster, crossbow, ...) found actually. Anyone know where to get them?

Post subject: Re: SIO2PC cartridge images
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:21 am 

No, you can not convert your .bin files to .atr. It would be useless since the bankswitching system will prevent the game from running.

The only way I imagine is to disassemble the code and convert the bank mechanism into an AtariMax compatible one. But only if you feel comfortable with 6502 programming !

I don't know if someone has done this job and if the files are available on Internet.

Sorry !

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]