It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Question Re: Multi-Part .ATR Files
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:00 pm 

Hello,
I am back to playing around with my multi carts and I ran across something. There are quite a few disk based games that are .ATR files that have a Side A and Side B listed. A good example would be the game A.E.

Since there are two separate .ATR files, one for each "side" of the disk, and since we can't put more than one .ATR file on a multicart, does this mean in order to play a game like A.E., I would have to create two carts? I don't remember enough about A.E., but it seems like when you get to a certain point in the game, it tells you to "insert disk B" but how would that be possible with a cartridge?

Thanks,
Randy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:35 pm 
ERROR AT LINE 0

The games have to be modified slightly to load each 'side' from a seperate drive, which is not as difficult as it sounds with most games. After that it should work with the newest kit which includes multidisk support.

That kit will be posted soon, it seems to be working OK. Give the Ultima IV image a try to see it working.

Saving to flash requires a lot more work, but I'm hoping to have that code ready to include at the same time.

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:53 pm 

Steve,

Thanks for the info. I'll give Ultima IV a try here in a bit. I'll also look forward to DLing the latest kit.

Thanks, as always, for the effort!

Randy

Post subject: Multi-disk support
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:33 pm 

Steve mentions that the newest maxflash kit supports multiple disks.
I'm trying to do Sargon III.
I successfully burned the S III .exe file to the cart and it works.
The cart works if you just turn on the XL, but since DOS doesn't load, it doesn't use the openings disk.
If I boot with OPTION held, then DOS boots and then if I run the cart, using SpDOS CAR command, it uses the openings disk in drive 2.
If there is a way to put the .exe and the game .atr on the cart?
Or maybe just two disks, the boot Sarg III modified to use D2: for the openings, I mean two .atrs.
The game is better if the openings disk is used I think. Any way of putting the program and openings on a 1mib cart?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]