It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: 8mb Detection issue and Flashing
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:41 pm 

I'm a little confused,

The first time a tried to flash my cartridge it was detected as a 4mb cartridge. Upon program operation failure and restart it was detected as an 8mb cartridge. Still the programming operation failed.

Then I had trouble on verifying erasing the cartridge. After rebooting blank blue screen when holding option. I was able to get back to the cartridge without holding option. Again detected as 4mb. Restarted again, detected 8mb and succeeded in erasing. So I tried to write the image again but fail on bank [0F/7F].

note: The image is one I created using -diskpacker -8mb -cart -flasher switches using two .atr sources.

It seemed to work at the command line.

c:\maxflash>perl maxflash.pl -dispacker -8mb "c:\maxflash\m65v42.atr" "c:\maxflash\mac 65 4.2 a.atr" mac65.bin -cart -flasher

Of course I skipped testing it out in the emulator. So I'll do that now. Never could follow instructions.

Just wanted to see if what I am doing is ok to begin with, and the misdetection of the size is worrying me.

Thanks
~zenassem

Am I doing something wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:05 pm 

I guees I don't have the correct version of Atari800win plus. Both the .rom and .bin failed. The .rom says invalid format, the bin only lets me choose between XEGS 1mb and Megacart 1mb and crashes.

I see from Atari Smegheads recent post that it's not possible to have more than 1 .atr. So I tried just the first .atr. Programming operation failed.

So I tried a different .ATR image same result. Fails on Bank [10/7f].

Perhaps I'm being to ambitous my first time using this. So I'll try testing with an already created image. But I still don't understand what I am doing wrong.

btw, I am using an SIO2PC cable and Atari810 Virtual drive.

Thanks
~zen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:28 pm 

One last update.

I tried using the 8mbit Demo Multicart #1 image.
Still fails at bank [10/7F]

It's been detecing it as an 8mb cartridge. It Passes the erase verify.

I am using an Atari65XE, SIO2PC, Atari810 v. 1.4d By Dan Vernon http://retrobits.net & (I tried switching the speed to 1x).

Both the Ata810 program and the SIO2PC have never given me problems.

I'm pretty much out of things to try. :(

Thanks to anyone who can offer help.

~zen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:28 pm 
ERROR AT LINE 0

The regular atari800 sources dont have support for flash cartridge format (yet?), but the one you can download from the flash cartridge ordering page has it built in. There are also sources there if you want to compile it yourself or add it to your version.

After you have the correct version you should be able to use the .bin files as regular cartridge images for testing.

Do you have another computer to try programming the flash cartridge in? It sounds like a timing issue with your computer or a defective cartridge.

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:30 pm 

Unfortunately I don't have another atari 8-bit to test it in. I also don't have any other flash cartridges to test.

The cartridge slot works with the BasicXL cartridge and Adventure game creator. I read all the other posts here, And I gather that the cartridge uses pins not normally needed in your average cart. I'm starting to get the feeling that the slots in the XE line weren't designed well.

Do you have information on how I can test all the lines on my cartridge port? Is there a diagnotistic cartridge that can test all lines and timing? I don't have an O-scope. My multimeter will not do me too much good as far as timing issues.

Should I send the cartridge back?
Does the XE line seem to do better with the 1MB or 4MB?

Thanks,
Zen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:04 pm 
ERROR AT LINE 0

I'll send you a private message with exchange instructions.

Steve

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]