It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Flashcart 1Mb upgrade?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 8:28 am 

Hi,

I just ordered the 1Mb version. I read in the manual the cart could be made up-to 1Gb. Can the 1Mb version be upgraded in the near future to 4Mb/8Mb or even 1Gb?

TXG/MNX

Post subject: Re: Flashcart 1Mb upgrade?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 10:03 am 
ERROR AT LINE 0

TXG/MNX wrote:
Hi,

I just ordered the 1Mb version. I read in the manual the cart could be made up-to 1Gb. Can the 1Mb version be upgraded in the near future to 4Mb/8Mb or even 1Gb?

TXG/MNX

No to keep the cost very low the block-flash cartridges cant be upgraded to higher capacity.

The MMC cartridge will have a removable slot for a MMC card so you can upgrade that by just updating the driver to handle whatever the biggest card is at the moment.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 10:20 am 

classics wrote:
TXG/MNX wrote:
Hi,

TXG/MNX

No to keep the cost very low the block-flash cartridges cant be upgraded to higher capacity.

The MMC cartridge will have a removable slot for a MMC card so you can upgrade that by just updating the driver to handle whatever the biggest card is at the moment.

When will the MMC versions be available? And what price? And also are they sold with or without MMC card?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 8:21 am 
ERROR AT LINE 0

TXG/MNX wrote:
When will the MMC versions be available? And what price? And also are they sold with or without MMC card?

I don't know yet when I will make the production prototypes for the MMC cart. I don't want to promise some date and then not come through. The hand built prototype is working good so its just a matter of better software support now.

I'm hoping the price will be less than $100, no card included. Flash cards drop in price every day so if I purchased a lot of them to include it would just make the cost higher over time.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]