It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Three games I would like to get to work in my 8Mb cart
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:48 pm 

Hello,

I am trying to make a compilation of my fave games for my 8Mb cart. I have all but three in there and working. I am having trouble finding suitable executables of the following three games. I have tried numerous executables of all three, but none will boot up correctly on the 800XL.

Blue Max
Bounty Bob Strikes Back
Gorf

I downloaded Steves Bounty Bob on here, but it didn't work for me. I have seen Gorf in another compilation on here, so I would assume a working version is out there.

Here is my command line for building.

perl maxflash.pl -exepacker -cheese -altptr -flasher -8mb "c:\src\atari games" games.bin

Any help would be appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:14 am 

Did you try the -OSB option?

-OSB (*) Build automatic OS-B translator into cartridge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:30 pm 

Yes. That actually seemed to make a few other games that worked with the above settings not work, and didn't seem to help the three in question.

I have found testing with the Atari800Win+ on here first before flashing to not be worth the effort. My 8Mb cart is filled with games, and only the three above don't work on my 800XL, but when testing with Atari800Win+ about 10 don't work and crash.

Post subject: Re: Three games I would like to get to work in my 8Mb cart
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:43 pm 

belboz wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to make a compilation of my fave games for my 8Mb cart. I have all but three in there and working. I am having trouble finding suitable executables of the following three games. I have tried numerous executables of all three, but none will boot up correctly on the 800XL.

Blue Max
Bounty Bob Strikes Back
Gorf

I downloaded Steves Bounty Bob on here, but it didn't work for me. I have seen Gorf in another compilation on here, so I would assume a working version is out there.

Here is my command line for building.

perl maxflash.pl -exepacker -cheese -altptr -flasher -8mb "c:\src\atari games" games.bin

Any help would be appreciated.

I have the Gorf and the Blue max files for you. I just checked and they both work. My BBSB is a full disk version and not a file. I don't know anyone that has a file of BBSB. You ever heard of BAJA BBS???

wb . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:36 am 

As I understand it the BBSB crack out there *only* works on an 800XL. It wont work on any XE machine for some reason. Via SIO2PC it would not work on my 130XE but did on my 800XL a long time ago.

I just went out and bought the cart for myself ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:38 pm 
ERROR AT LINE 0

I believe the BBSB posted at the end of this thread has had all the protection removed, including the writes to PORTB that caused it to fail on machines with expanded memory.

http://www.atarimax.com/flashcart/forum ... .php?t=290

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:22 pm 

classics wrote:
I believe the BBSB posted at the end of this thread has had all the protection removed, including the writes to PORTB that caused it to fail on machines with expanded memory.

http://www.atarimax.com/flashcart/forum ... .php?t=290

Steve

Yeah -it works on my 320XE.

Stephen Anderson

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]