It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: 32 in 1 classic rom image...
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:34 am 

One, this may be the wrong forum and if so I apologise but here's what I'm looking for.

Has anyone ever dumped their 32 in 1 as it was received, as people know there is a way to adjust the content and customise it but I'm trying to find a clean untouched dump to test on Altirra with its support of the 32 in 1. I want to point out this is a personal request and has NOTHING to do with Altirra in general apart from wanting to test out a feature.

To elaborate, OmnomnXL seems to have been part of the original version as an OS selection but here in lies an issue, both OmnimonXL and the Ape 32 in 1 menu use RESET and SELECT to gain access to them, with the OS loader it takes you to the choice of OS screen but with OmnimonXL it jumps in to the monitor. While testing the Altirra there's a clear conflict of what item gets the SELECT and START, almost exclusively defaulting to the Ape screen. I'd be interested to see how this is handled on real hardware and to try any untouched rom image so to see if the images that are around may feature modified or different images etc, or just to know IF you can jump in to Omnimon IF chosen with its default SELECT & START vector.

There's an active thread re this on AtariAge...

And I want to make clear there's no intention of bad mouthing or any other violation of Steve's work on my part, I will always say that the real hardware is the way to go and its my intention of getting a 32 in 1 at some point BUT emulation is just as important and its nice to see if there's any difference in a real, as it was shipped version of the 32 in 1 if it came with OmnimonXL as normal?

Paul.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]