It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




 Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: More Games that Won't MultiCart
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:42 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:50 am
Posts: 52
Location: Lansing MI
Hi! I've been back to MultiCarting (which means you'll be seeing a new file or two, coming soon!) and here's some more that don't seem to work proper-like:

Captain Beeble - The .exe file works in the emulator, but not on the multicart and not on the multicart .bin file in the emulator.

Millipede - .exe works in the emulator and actually does work on the multicart, but the color palete is a bit screwy.

Actually, I'll leave it at that for now. The others require more testing, such as Revenge of the Mutant Camels and Gateway to Apshai, neither of which worked on the 8MBit multicart.

Any help would be appreciated! :D

Randy


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:10 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:44 pm
Posts: 63
Location: France - Paris
Hi,

I worked on all these titles and have converted them.
I hope they will work for you.

Eric.


There are images and/or files attached to this posting. You must be logged-in to view or download this content.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:28 am 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:44 pm
Posts: 63
Location: France - Paris
Hi,

Oops, I forgot to include Attack of the Mutant Camels in the Games.zip file in my previous message.

I have updated it to include the four games you want. Just download Games.zip again.

Eric.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:09 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:50 am
Posts: 52
Location: Lansing MI
ebiguy wrote:
Hi,

I worked on all these titles and have converted them.
I hope they will work for you.

Eric.


Eric,

You absolutely rock! :D This is extremely nice of you, to take the time to do that.

I have put the first 3 on my 2nd 8MBit multicart and they all work flawlessly! I am nearly done with that cart, but I had exactly ONE game that wouldn't work, out of 65! And now I have to go to bed, so I can't finish until Friday. :cry:

But, I'll have the multicart posted here by the weekend.

I had a few others that gave me fits, like Sea Dragon, Stealth, Pooyan, warhawk, and some 64k games like Dark Chambers and Zybek. But I haven't messed with them enough to know, for sure, what the problem is. I'm thinking that none of those games want the -osb switch, or perhaps they do want the -altprt switch.

Thanks again, Eric! I hope you'll find some use for the multicart file, once I put it up here.

Randy


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:48 am 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:44 pm
Posts: 63
Location: France - Paris
Atari Smeghead wrote:

Thanks again, Eric! I hope you'll find some use for the multicart file, once I put it up here.



No, I won't. Maybe you read the thread on my problem with SECAM computers (I am in France). All the multicart files built with Steven's kit do not work on my Atari. The problem is in the loader. So I made another one which retries several times the bankswitch when it fails.

I think everybody here should post fixed binaries instead of multicart images for 2 reasons:
- With a multicart image, you can't remove one particular game you don't like. If you have binaries, you can select the games you want.
- One could use an alternate loader (mine for example). And then I could run the games on my SECAM Atari.

Maybe one day, when my loader is finished, I will post it here. There is at least one feature not present in Steven's loader: I can do folders in the cartridge. When you power on you Atari, you see games and folders and when you enter in a folder, you have some games inside (I did only one folder level which is enough I think). Another feature I am willing to do if I know how to write to cart is let 64K free in the cart to save the current state on it. So you can play a game from the multicart and when you want to stop without loosing the point where you are, you hit a key or a combination of key and the whole memory is sored on the cart. The next time you start the multicart, there is another option to continue with the saved game.

By the way, I have Pooyan working for a couple of month so I don't remember if the original file was working or if I made any changes. Here it is so you can test it.

Eric.


There are images and/or files attached to this posting. You must be logged-in to view or download this content.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:07 pm 

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:50 am
Posts: 52
Location: Lansing MI
ebiguy wrote:
No, I won't. Maybe you read the thread on my problem with SECAM computers (I am in France). All the multicart files built with Steven's kit do not work on my Atari.


I'm sorry to hear that, Eric. I hadn't read that thread yet.

ebiguy wrote:
I think everybody here should post fixed binaries instead of multicart...


I wish I could help you with that, but I'm just not that knowledgeable. Frankly, the fixes you have performed are like magic... like I'm a caveman and you have a lighter, I mean a magical fire stick. :roll:

Are you editing the games using assembly language or the Assembler/Editor cartridge? If I knew what you were doing and how you did it, I might be able to do some of it on my own.
That's why I was hoping the multicart files would help you. At least this way, I felt like I was contributing something, instead of simply, "please fix this next."

ebiguy wrote:
Maybe one day, when my loader is finished, I will post it here. There is at least one feature not present in Steven's loader: I can do folders in the cartridge. When you power on you Atari, you see games and folders and when you enter in a folder, you have some games inside (I did only one folder level which is enough I think). Another feature I am willing to do if I know how to write to cart is let 64K free in the cart to save the current state on it. So you can play a game from the multicart and when you want to stop without loosing the point where you are, you hit a key or a combination of key and the whole memory is sored on the cart. The next time you start the multicart, there is another option to continue with the saved game.


I think the folder and especially the save feature would be wonderful additions! I hope you can get it working properly.

ebiguy wrote:
By the way, I have Pooyan working...
Eric.


Thanks, once again, Eric. I'll add it to the multicart and I'll let you know how it goes.

Take care,
Randy


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

cron