It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: MakeMenu 1.0 Available! (GUI Flash Cartridge Creator)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:53 am 
ERROR AT LINE 0

Eric Bacher has released the first version of his outstanding MakeMenu kit which allows flash cartridge users to create ready to use flash cartridge images using a easy drag and drop GUI.

In addition, Eric has created a completely new loading system that supports EXE/COM/XEX binaries and ATR disk images on the same cartridge!

There are a lot of new and interesting features like subdirectory support, ability to mix OSB and XL/XE binaries in the same cartridge, support for 8k and 16k binary cartridge images (with patching database!) and more.

In addition to all these features, the whole system can be used as-is without ever touching the command line Perl interface!

Check out the projects readme for more information.

Eric has made this a free software project under the GPL. You can visit the makemenu project and download all the files directly using this link:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/makemenu/

The first time you run the program you will need to set the location of your maxflash.pl script, which is where you installed the maxflash software kit, and also the destination location of where your new cartridge images will be built.

There are other optional setting for easy integration with Atari800Win 4.0 and DIS6502, should you have those programs installed.

A big thanks to Eric for producing such a nice kit! It is very easy to use compared to the command line interface and adds a lot of new functionality. :D

Last edited by classics on Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:43 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:07 am 
ERROR AT LINE 0

Some nice screenshots of MakeMenu working.

There are images and/or files attached to this posting. You must be logged-in to view or download this content.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:35 am 
ERROR AT LINE 0

Eric has also informed me that this version of MakeMenu is now fully compatible with Linux running under Wine. :D

Post subject: MakeMenu 1.1 for MyIDE
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:09 pm 

Hi,

MakeMenu version 1.1 has been released. It adds MyIDE compatibility.

You can download it at http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=158054

Eric.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 10:50 pm 

Hi Ebiguy,

I installed Makemenu and got my programs running from flashcart! That's great, I can cross that off my list of things to try and figure out. Great program!

Is it possible to add the -REVERSE feature of maxflash.pl to makemenu? This reverses the logic of the OPTION key. Basically, it would allow you to use a flashcart with an internal MyIDE setup and only enter the flashcart menu when you press OPTION, instead of the other way around.

Unless there is some way to get that feature/switch some other way with makemenu. I admit I didn't try it out extensively yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:01 am 

I love the software - just recently found it (since I just recently starting loading images to my cart again) and since I saw you asked for suggestions somewhere else I thought I'd offer some :)

My biggest pet peeve is I have the habit of closing the program down without saving. Is it possible to prompt the user for a save before quitting?

My only other suggestion at this point would be with your menu. Being able to push right on the joystick (to move down a page) like the 'official' menu program would be cool. What I'd *really* like, though, is to be able to press a letter and have the selection bar jump to the first game of that letter. I don't know if either are possible, just thought I'd throw 'em out there :)

The 'original menu' idea of associating a letter/number with a game is great, until you exceed that number (which I always do on an 8MB cart) - that's why I like the 'jump ahead' idea better.

(And if I can thow a couple of image ideas in here too: Seven Cities of Gold and Trivia Quest are two multi disk games I'd love to see on a cart :D )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:57 pm 

Nature Boy wrote:
My biggest pet peeve is I have the habit of closing the program down without saving. Is it possible to prompt the user for a save before quitting?

You're right ! I will add a message box in the next release

Nature Boy wrote:
My only other suggestion at this point would be with your menu. Being able to push right on the joystick (to move down a page) like the 'official' menu program would be cool. What I'd *really* like, though, is to be able to press a letter and have the selection bar jump to the first game of that letter. I don't know if either are possible, just thought I'd throw 'em out there :)

I will try to add keyboard support.

Thank you for your ideas.

Eric.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:35 pm 

Outstanding is the least I can say about the program! It's a great interface.

I cannot figure out how to change the title that comes up when you reprogram the cart. Am I missing something? I have also noted that if I put spaces in the name of the cart, it errors out building the cart.

Those are both something that can easily be worked around, and are minor compared to the value of your front end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:19 am 

idavis wrote:
Outstanding is the least I can say about the program! It's a great interface.

Thank you very much.
idavis wrote:
I cannot figure out how to change the title that comes up when you reprogram the cart. Am I missing something?

If you are talking about the cartridge title, you can double-click on the cartridge name in MakeMenu and a properties dialog box appears. Then you can change the cartridge title.
idavis wrote:
I have also noted that if I put spaces in the name of the cart, it errors out building the cart.

I have 2 questions concerning this problem:
- what is your system (OS and version)
- what kind of menu do you choose in the cartridge properties dialog box (AtariMax or SuperMenu).
If you are using AtariMax, try SuperMenu.
I am running on XP SP2 and use SuperMenu and I can build cartridges with spaces in the name. I did not try with AtariMax menu or under Win98.

Eric.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:34 am 

I am running a Win2k system. Here's what I just noticed. When I first make the cartridge, I have "Paddles" input as the title, but it was putting in for the title, the pathname, ie. "d:\maxflash\output\paddles" This would show up as the title on the screen where you flash the cart. I switched it to Supermenu and rebuilt the cart and it built perfectly, but wouldn't run the programs on my 800. Setting it back to Atarimax, I changed the title to "Paddles Only" and I get the error when building. Here is the Paddles Only.bat file:

rem MakeMenu runs these commands to generate cartridge files.
rem Temporary path and files are removed after batch completion.
rem (This batch can not be run a second time)
rem This file was not removed to let you see the command line.
D:
cd "D:\maxflash"
perl.exe "maxflash.pl" -1MB -ALTPTR -CHEESE -FLASHER -BATCH -EXEPACKER -OSB "D:\maxflash\output\Paddles Only.bin" "C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\AtariMax12AB8AAB" < "C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\AMX3E.tmp"

The catch is, the Paddles Only.bin file is not in the dir (d:\maxflash\output) leading me to believe the first step is failing with the space.

I am on Win2k SP4, Perl v5.8.8, and MakeMenu 1.3.
Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:00 pm 

idavis wrote:
I am running a Win2k system. Here's what I just noticed. When I first make the cartridge, I have "Paddles" input as the title, but it was putting in for the title, the pathname, ie. "d:\maxflash\output\paddles" This would show up as the title on the screen where you flash the cart. I switched it to Supermenu and rebuilt the cart and it built perfectly, but wouldn't run the programs on my 800.

When you use SuperMenu, you can have both OS/B or XL programs on the same cartridge. So you have to select OS/B for each file, not for the whole cartridge. If you do so, your files should work on your 800.
idavis wrote:
Setting it back to Atarimax, I changed the title to "Paddles Only" and I get the error when building. Here is the Paddles Only.bat file:

rem MakeMenu runs these commands to generate cartridge files.
rem Temporary path and files are removed after batch completion.
rem (This batch can not be run a second time)
rem This file was not removed to let you see the command line.
D:
cd "D:\maxflash"
perl.exe "maxflash.pl" -1MB -ALTPTR -CHEESE -FLASHER -BATCH -EXEPACKER -OSB "D:\maxflash\output\Paddles Only.bin" "C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\AtariMax12AB8AAB" < "C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\AMX3E.tmp"

The catch is, the Paddles Only.bin file is not in the dir (d:\maxflash\output) leading me to believe the first step is failing with the space.

I am on Win2k SP4, Perl v5.8.8, and MakeMenu 1.3.
Thanks.

I also tried yesterday and found that the bach file which runs maxflash.pl does not work when run from MakeMenu when there are some space in the output filename. I will try to fix it. In the meantime, avoid using spaces if you want to use AtariMax menu.

Thank you for this bug report.

Eric.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:56 pm 

ebiguy wrote:
When you use SuperMenu, you can have both OS/B or XL programs on the same cartridge. So you have to select OS/B for each file, not for the whole cartridge. If you do so, your files should work on your 800.

Eric.

I hate to add to this, but I used the SuperMenu with the toggle OS/B compatibility on and off, and they don't work. I am running on an 800 w/48K. Probably in the minority with this setup. If you want, I can upload each bin or atr file (one built with SuperMenu and the one with Atarimax)? Or would that be of much help? I wish I could be of more help myself, but my 6502 asm skills have always been weak.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:07 am 

idavis wrote:
I hate to add to this, but I used the SuperMenu with the toggle OS/B compatibility on and off, and they don't work. I am running on an 800 w/48K. Probably in the minority with this setup. If you want, I can upload each bin or atr file (one built with SuperMenu and the one with Atarimax)? Or would that be of much help? I wish I could be of more help myself, but my 6502 asm skills have always been weak.

I am sorry. I did understand your inital problem on 800.

When you toggle OS/B with SuperMenu, it allows files (which are not running on XL) to run correctly on XL. Of course, toggling OS/B is only for XL computer.

SuperMenu has not been tested on 800 and I don't know if it's working. Sorry.

Eric.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:42 pm 

is there an idiots guide to this, because I can't make a flash cart to save my life!

HELP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:17 pm 

Hi, It´s awesome and easy to use
But If I choose Atarimax menu (when you create an new cartridge), there shows an error when I build the cartridge image: "Error while opening bin file".
Choosing Supermenu instead works ok.

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ]