It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: have am 8MB Flash and lots don't work
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:17 pm 

I have recentlycreated this image with EXE packer. On my 800XL most of the files doesn't work at all, some do like Asteroids and Pac-man. but if I use the bin on the Atari 800Win PLus most work just fine other than Deamon attack, but I know why that doesn't work XL thing.

There are images and/or files attached to this posting. You must be logged-in to view or download this content.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:00 pm 
ERROR AT LINE 0

Can you post a zip file of the EXE programs you used to make the image?

Thanks

Steve

Post subject: Here it is
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:56 am 

Well, the ATR is in my first post. Some of the files in the EXE won't pack properly, but that is ok. I am only curious as to why some images work on the Emulator when it is a bin file b4 it is converted into the ATR. Here is the EXE folder.

There are images and/or files attached to this posting. You must be logged-in to view or download this content.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:24 am 
ERROR AT LINE 0

There could actually be a number of reasons for that. The emulator configuration could be different than the real machine, also the emulator is not perfect, it does some things in a way a normal computer would not.

Which games on the list work in the emulator and not on your cartridge?

What kind of machine are you using the cartridge with?

You also might want to enable the -osb option, a lot of the games on the list will work better that way.

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:40 pm 

well, games that I know don't work on the real Atari is Ball Blazer, StarWars Arcade, Krazy-Shootout, Bezerk, FroggerII, just to name a few. So 8k games all the way up to 64k ones fail. All the EXE's were downloaded from ape.dynds. Now I see Atarimania has a bunch with CRT extension, now would that work to pack those with the BIN option? Are CRT's and BIN's the same?

Now my system is an 800XL no upgrades. Emulator is set up as 64k 800XL no SIO patching, and in NTSC video.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]