It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Having trouble with software
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 5:00 pm 

Hello,
I just got my Atarimax cart and have been trying to get the Atari 8-bit software to load the program to program the cart. On chapter 3 it says to load the disc if your using a real atari but I don't have a disk. I downloaded the latest software image and looked in the folder. I am assuming that the program to program the cart is 'FLASH.COM'? I sent this over to my Atari and tried to load it from MyDos but all I get is an error. I changed flash.com to autorun.sys but it just sends me back to MyDos. Any suggestions?

Allan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 5:29 pm 
ERROR AT LINE 0

Allan,

Use the maxflash.pl script in the software package to create the programming image for the cartridge. The flash.com program is actually part of the software used in programming the cartridge, but its run from a boot disk you make with the scripts.

Download one of the example ATR images in the images forum and boot from that. It will program your cartridge with the software in the image.

You make your own images the same way using the maxflash.pl script, then use the resulting image to program the cartridge in the Atari.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:18 pm 

I think this is the key section of the documentation:

http://www.atarimax.com/flashcart/docum ... pter4.html

The software needs a working Perl interpreter and the TASM Cross Assembler. It's not Windows based like I assumed or Atari based like Allan was assuming.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 6:24 pm 

I just wanted to add that Steven's instructions on installing Perl and running the Maxflash software were excellent. I was up and running in 10 minutes 8)

The first image I made was Henry's House, the .bin and .car files worked great in the AtariWin emulator. Not sure whether to post it or not because it's not the original rather Mr. Bacardi's crack of the program ;)

I'll probably wait till I get some good multicarts assembled.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 6:38 pm 
ERROR AT LINE 0

oesii wrote:
I just wanted to add that Steven's instructions on installing Perl and running the Maxflash software were excellent. I was up and running in 10 minutes 8)

The first image I made was Henry's House, the .bin and .car files worked great in the AtariWin emulator. Not sure whether to post it or not because it's not the original rather Mr. Bacardi's crack of the program ;)

I'll probably wait till I get some good multicarts assembled.

Thanks and by all means post it.

I think most people will be just downloading images to use and not making thier own, so someone will appriciate getting it. :)

Is that the game thats like a haunted house adventure type deal?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 7:29 pm 

Yeah I think you're probably thinking of the right game, I think it's the best platformer on the 8bits.

A Mastertronic multicart image would be pretty cool, here's Mr. Bacardi's page with some of the cool games, I play 180 Darts all the time as well:
http://people.freenet.de/mrbacardi/Mastertronic.html

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]