It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Maxflash USB Programmer broken?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:29 pm 

Hey guys (and/or Steve),

I hope someone can help me. I borrowed the Maxflash USB Programmer from a very good friend to dump my Atari 8-bit cartridge collection. The Maxflash is a very good device for doing this. My compliments!

But after I had dumped 35 cartridges (in an hour or so) I noticed that the blue led on the PCB was way less bright than it was and the software (and my laptop) did not detect the programmer anymore :( I replaced the USB cable (male/male) with another one and that did not make any difference. I tried the programmer on another PC (my desktop) and the programmer was not detected on it either. Also the blue led was still a lot less bright than when I successfully started dumping my collection. When I attach a cartridge to the programmer the blue led completely turns off.

I have taken a look at the cartridge port of the programmer and I cannot see anything wrong with it. I am not using USB hubs.

So, is my friends programmer broken? :cry:

Kind regards,
Fred

Post subject: Re: Maxflash USB Programmer broken?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:23 pm 

Maybe your drivers were kicked out for some reason, try reinstalling the software on the CD again.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]