It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Flashcart with XEGS
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:23 pm 

I'm having a problem getting my flashcart to work reliably on my XEGS but Steve got back to me and he has tested the cart on a XEGS, so disregard the previous question that was here :D

Post subject: Re: Flashcart with XEGS
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 4:29 am 
ERROR AT LINE 0

oesii wrote:
I'm having a problem getting my flashcart to work reliably on my XEGS but Steve got back to me and he has tested the cart on a XEGS, so disregard the previous question that was here :D

Actually if anyone else has an XEGS to test on please post your results.

I have only one XEGS system. :( If there is an XEGS issue on just some machines I would rather have it out in the open where we can squish it. :)

Hopefully it will turn out to just be a flaky flash chip though.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 7:23 am 

classics wrote:
oesii wrote:

I have only one XEGS system. :( If there is an XEGS issue on just some machines I would rather have it out in the open where we can squish it. :)

I will test in my XEGS systems...

TXG/MNX

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 8:40 am 

Thanks for the help, here's the behavior I'm getting on my XEGS. After a few years of use I'm sure my sio2pc setup is still working and it loads up the images I download from this forum fine, sees the flash cart but then fails to erase it properly. I get a 'erase failed message'. Tried all the tips in the docs but I still have a hard time getting the flash cart to erase and reprogram itself.

Funny thing is that if I keeping hitting the 'yes' prompt in order to restart the program after 50 or maybe a 100 times pressing the 'y' key (don't ask how I found this out :) ) the flash cart does finally get properly recognized, erase itself, and load in the whole multicart or game image. Then the game cart works like it is suppossed to. Weird.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 9:31 pm 

See my post on the 130XE flash cart problem I was having....

Tim

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:04 pm 

classics wrote:

I just tried my two 8Mb carts on my XEGS and they don't work. It just sits there. My 1Mb carts work fine, and all the carts work fine in my 800XL.

Any ideas?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:04 pm 

gozar wrote:
I just tried my two 8Mb carts on my XEGS and they don't work. It just sits there. My 1Mb carts work fine, and all the carts work fine in my 800XL.

Any ideas?

Darndest thing. They would not work at home. Packed up and set up at Cinciclassics and they all worked perfectly.... Maybe my XEGS just needs cleaned... :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:40 pm 
ERROR AT LINE 0

Wow thats a weird one. :D

I do believe I have tracked down a hardware issue with the flash carts on some machines.

I received goochmans 130XE that would not program any flashcarts and after a change to the logic used in the cartridge they all work perfectly now.

I'm waiting to receive Eric Bachers SECAM XL from France to verify the fix.

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:24 am 

classics wrote:
Wow thats a weird one. :D

I do believe I have tracked down a hardware issue with the flash carts on some machines.

I received goochmans 130XE that would not program any flashcarts and after a change to the logic used in the cartridge they all work perfectly now.

I'm waiting to receive Eric Bachers SECAM XL from France to verify the fix.

Steve

If you figure out a good fix I would be interested in an exchange program for the flashcarts. I have a couple of the 1Mb carts and one 8Mb cart that are still a little dodgy on my 130XE. They do work after awhile though. And they didn't play nice with that XEGS that I sent to you. I'm sure a replacement fee and shipping wouldn't deter some of us from getting the carts swapped :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:36 am 
ERROR AT LINE 0

oesii wrote:
If you figure out a good fix I would be interested in an exchange program for the flashcarts. I have a couple of the 1Mb carts and one 8Mb cart that are still a little dodgy on my 130XE. They do work after awhile though. And they didn't play nice with that XEGS that I sent to you.

Eric's computer has arrived and the fix has been verified.

oesii wrote:
I'm sure a replacement fee and shipping wouldn't deter some of us from getting the carts swapped :D

Exchange will be free, no fee or charge for return shipping.

Anyone who needs to exchange thier cartridge please drop me a PM for mailing instructions or send an e-mail to classics@atarimax.com. :D

Thanks

Steve

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]