It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: 1mb flash+myide is corrupt
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:30 pm 

I screwed up my flash cart a year ago and now am trying to fix it. I have loaded an ATR to flash the cartridge. It says if I am trying to recover from a bad flash, that I should insert the cartridge. Of course every time I do this the Atari locks up. Any ideas how to fix this? I am not trying to use the myide function of the cartridge. I just want to experiment with flashing games to it.

Thanks,
Sean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:43 pm 

I tried some more experimenting. I have the 32 in 1 installed on my 1200xl. I selected an 800 OS and had some luck (sort of). Now I can insert the cartridge without crashing the computer but it tells me the flash fails. Any ideas how to make this work?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:07 pm 

Select the XL rev_2 OS and keep trying.
I have to reflash my carts often after a bad flash ;-)

Other thing you can try is to insert the cartridge and hold option at powerup.

Beside this, just keep trying.

Post subject: Re: 1mb flash+myide is corrupt
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:56 pm 

get the cartridge lined up but not inserted and then boot, when it asks the question then push it in quick! this is key, also make sure the cart port and cartridge are clean this prevents glitching an lock ups. It will work. I learned this when re flashing a DOS imaged cart.

embpic wrote:
I screwed up my flash cart a year ago and now am trying to fix it. I have loaded an ATR to flash the cartridge. It says if I am trying to recover from a bad flash, that I should insert the cartridge. Of course every time I do this the Atari locks up. Any ideas how to fix this? I am not trying to use the myide function of the cartridge. I just want to experiment with flashing games to it.

Thanks,
Sean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:44 pm 

Thanks for the replies guys. I was not able to get it to work with my 1200xl with the 32 in 1. However I tried it with my stock 800xl and it worked the first time.

For some reason however, the flash cartridge will not work in my 1200xl. No matter which OS I choose. It works fine in the 800XL. The 1200XL I have was built by the man himself (Steve). When I plug in the cartridge into the 1200xl I see the menu but then all kinds of characters show up on the screen and it locks up.

Any ideas what might be wrong with the 1200xl?

Sean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:47 am 

Interestingly enough, I have the same exact situation.

For me, I get the prompt to insert the cart, which I do, but the 800xl either glitches out or just does nothing.

I also notice that if I dont even insert the cart, the flash utility does nothing after it says "Restart Program y/n" ... it seems hitting y or n does nothing..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:59 am 

tuf wrote:
Interestingly enough, I have the same exact situation.

For me, I get the prompt to insert the cart, which I do, but the 800xl either glitches out or just does nothing.

I also notice that if I dont even insert the cart, the flash utility does nothing after it says "Restart Program y/n" ... it seems hitting y or n does nothing..

Ok, after a little more testing, I discovered that the 800xl I was using to try to recover the cart has a non working keyboard! Oh well, back into the closet to grab another 800xl, and this time it worked. I was able to jam the cart in and hit "Y" and my cart is as good as new.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]