It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: XEGS Compatibility Patch for Maxflash Studio
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:04 pm 
ERROR AT LINE 0

I had a report that most games on cartridges created with the Maxflash Studio software package don't work when used with an XEGS with the keyboard removed.

I think this may be because I didn't set bit 6 of Port B in the menu startup code, but I don't have an XEGS on hand anymore to verify it.

I've attached a patched menu.rom file that might correct the problem. To try it it out, look in the 'binary data' folder of your maxflash studio installation. Replace the menu.rom file there with the one in this post. Then restart the software and rebuild/reprogram your cartridge.

If anyone tries this out please let me know if it corrects the problem for you. :-)

Steve

There are images and/or files attached to this posting. You must be logged-in to view or download this content.

Post subject: Re: XEGS Compatibility Patch for Maxflash Studio
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:50 pm 

OK, just tried this out now. First had to unplug my keyboard to confirm that games wouldn't work without it (tried Defender, it just brought me to the built-in Missile Command; tried Moon Patrol and it wouldn't run at all.)

So, I used the patched menu.rom file and now they work! 2 games is not an extensive test I realize, but, it seems to work fine now. I'm plugging my keyboard back in anyway (still need my smart bombs in Defender!) :)

Thanks for the update!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:00 pm 
ERROR AT LINE 0

Thanks for testing it out! :-) I have uploaded a new version of the Maxflash Studio software that includes this patch in the default menu software.

If anyone has trouble getting your current carts to run on an XEGS w/o keyboard, just update the Maxflash Studio software, then open your workbook and re-flash your cartridge to apply the update.

Steve

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:25 pm 

I don't see the new version anywhere. The download link I found is still pointing to version 1.0. Do you have a link for the updated one?

Mitch

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:12 pm 
ERROR AT LINE 0

The file itself has been updated, so if you re-download it, you should get the newest version, regardless of what the web page says.

Steve

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:43 pm 

I'm very glad I found this thread! I was having difficulties with the flash cart and my XEGS. I downloaded the latest program from the web even though the date was last year and it seems to have helped quite a bit!

I need to keep using it to make sure it works but I was having all kinds of problems with many games on the XEGS. I hope it continues to work great as I test it more!

thanks for the update!

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]