It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Keyboard working through Flash Program?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:33 am 

I have tried to load multiple 'fixed' 8MB flashcart images. With each of them the 130XE I am using boots into the flascart menu, I select the image I am trying to load (for example I posted in the Conan 8MB thread) and I get to the Flash Utility program with the 'WARNING' screen. Upon the cursor showing up with the 'Are you sure [y/n]' my keyboard stops working. I can't type anything in at all.

I've ran to just BASIC and the keys work fine, I ran a diagnostic on the keyboard and it works fine as well, but from within the Flash Utility in the image I can't actually use the keyboard. Is there something else I need on the flashcart or a specific OS needed for it?

Post subject: Re: Keyboard working through Flash Program?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:02 pm 

I broke out my 800XL to see if it was a 130XE problem....same issue on the 800XL. "Are you sure? [y/n]" and then the keyboard won't input anything. I'm probably doing something incredibly stupid or missing some really obvious step but I can't see it. It detects the 8Mb Flash cart but nothing. It just sits at that screen. Do I need to update the programmer firmware or something??

Post subject: Re: Keyboard working through Flash Program?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:20 pm 

D'oh! I tried just using the regular 'Program -> 8Mb Cart' and it loaded the game up fine.....is that the procedure for it or is there something wonky with my computers both? Just curious now, I am an idiot but not a huge idiot because I did figure it out!

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]