It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Rich's 8mbit Multi-Cart
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:58 am 

Hey everyone,

I received my multi-cart today and got to flash the list of games in that I have been painfully deciding on for about a week now. I used working (fixed) classics versions of the games whenever possible. This is a collection of games that I played years ago as a kid on my 1200xl but I'm currently using a 130xe with an Ape Warp multiple OS. I feel that there is something special about each one of these games. I can remember dialing up some of these BBS's on my Supra 300baud modem that plugged into the joystick port and getting cut off anytime someone called! Do you remember that? :wink:
I wanted to keep it mostly 8-bit exclusive, so I didn't want to turn it into too much of an 'arcade' multi-cart. I'd like to put those games on a seperate cart in the near future. I managed to get 44 games on here and leave only 3 kb's free I believe. Let me know what you think of it, if you have any suggestions, and if it works ok on your machines! Have you played Atari today??
They games are as follows: Alley Cat,Bruce Lee,Gremlins (5200),Jumpman,Master of the Lamps,Pharaoh's Curse,Pinhead,Wing Wars,Action Biker,Archon,Archon II Adept,BC's Quest For Tires,Breakout (Paddles),Choplifter,Clowns & Balloons,Elektraglide,Gateway to Apshai,Gyruss,Hard Hat Mack,Hardball,Jumpman Jr.,Kaboom! (Paddles),Kangaroo,Kik-Start,Lode Runner,Megamania,Miner 2049er,Missile Command (Trackball),Montezuma's Revenge!,Mr. Robot & His Robot Factory,Necromancer,Pitfall,Pitfall 2,Raid Over Moscow,River Raid,Seawolf II,Shamus,Shamus - Case 2,Spy's Demise DV,Star League Baseball,The Last Starfighter,Tree Surgeon,Wargames,+ Zorro.

There are images and/or files attached to this posting. You must be logged-in to view or download this content.

Post subject: Re: Rich's 8mbit Multi-Cart
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 1:37 am 

The1200XLKid wrote:

I wanted to keep it mostly 8-bit exclusive, so I didn't want to turn it into too much of an 'arcade' multi-cart.

What does this mean?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:25 am 

A figure of speech, in other words... although games like Action Biker, Spy's Demise, etc. may have been on other 8-bits like the Commodore 64 at the time... one couldn't necessarily play them at the arcade or now through Mame for that matter, etc.

With more thorough testing I noticed that Choplifter isn't working on my real 130xe when I converted it to cart, even though it passes the test in the Atari800win emulator or if I load it from the 130xe through PC Mirror. I've scrapped it since for Frank Cohen's "Ollie's Follies"... my first choice was Ghost Chaser, but I couldn't get that image to work neither. :cry: I guess this will give me an excuse to play Ollie's as I've solved Ghost Chaser but not Ollie's. :P

Before I post the fixed image, I want to as close as I can to 100% that their are not any other bugs that I haven't noticed.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:37 am 

Ok, I had a chance to test each image and play through them a little on my 130xe.
The only other problems I noticed where that I had to switch Hardball to use OSB in makemenu, use a different image for Pharaoh's Curse as it was behaving strangely, and the only only thing worth mentioning is that in Tree Surgeon, just don't hit the space bar during the introduction... just wait till it's done and then you can play normally. This version includes Ollie's Follies substituted for Choplifter. Have fun!

There are images and/or files attached to this posting. You must be logged-in to view or download this content.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]