It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: How to load a .CAS image of an auto-booting cassette?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:32 pm 

I had trouble with my real cassette version of "Lunar Lander" from Adventure International. So I found a .CAS image version and thought I'd load it from APE. No matter what I did, it locked up after loading. In this case, the game is BASIC and a simple CLOAD variety. Eventually I got the back side of the casette loaded and then saved.

But it made me wonder: how do you use APE to load an auto-booting .CAS image? For ML games, I held down OPTION and START and got the usual "cassette load buzz." Then with the image opened in the APE cassette utility, I pressed PLAY. It went through the loading routine, but once completed -- nothing. I tried this with several different ML cassette images, but never was successful.

Am I doing this correctly, or ?

-Larry

Post subject: Re: How to load a .CAS image of an auto-booting cassette?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:02 pm 

It should be just as you described....remember to press space on Atari after pressing play on tape..maybe you can try changing the SIO speed setting in the Ape program setting.

Im getting most cassette games to work with the default setting in Ape tough.

Are you sure the .cas files you trying to load are ok ? You can test them in a emulator first if your not sure.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]