It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: widows 98se question
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:53 pm 

Hello:
I am a new/old guy that has the APE Interface and using Windows 98se. I had it running for a few months and had to format the machine due to my mistakes. I had been using the interface for a long time and thought all I had to do is plug in the interface and go after my Windows 98se was working ok. So I plug in the interface and NOTHING. If I go threw the motions of loading everything and scan for drives and still nothing. When I load DOS from the Atari end, lights blink and DOS arrives on the screen. I have changed cables, on both atari and computer end, and it does not respond. I have even tried different Windows machines as well as Windows xp3 and the USB port dont even see the chip.

Is the interface chip DEAD and how do I get someone to test mine?

jim confused and asking

Post subject: Re: widows 98se question
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:41 pm 
ERROR AT LINE 0

Hi Jim,

Please send me an e-mail at classics@atarimax.com and I will try to walk you through the driver installation process.

Thanks,

Steve

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:01 pm 

Hello:
I have just dropped a note into your mail box and I hope we can get this interface wroking.

I am a happy customer with the interface and have enjoyed it when I had it connected to my Windows 98se machine. I have so many back ups of my collection of software, I have also found some of my titles that didnt make it threw the interface seeing the VTOC was bad, full of errors and have actually been able to condense what good I do have, and share them with family, which still love the old titles I have.

Great interface, great idea of backing it all up, and most of all simple software to do it with. Great product Steve

jim

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:39 pm 

hello

You have seen the previous not from me and my problems in trying to get my APE running ? Steve sent me a note in the mail and we are working it out. Customer service with a smile, and yes a real person that will take care of you. So take it from me, stand behind this product with all you have, or about to have, with back up's of all your old software, and even some you wish you had. Take it from me customer service and a good product, and some one that cares, makes life so easy when you are my age.

Old atari user, age 63yrs old and started way back when with my Atari 800

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:41 pm 

Hi Jim Hall i wonder if you could help me too please. I have ape serial cable and a cd with registered ape software I bought many years back from atarimax I'm using the software and cable on a windowsxp pc although the trial version v2.0.0.0 is working when upgrading the software to my registered details the ape software won't load the device drivers? Although it works in trial mode off the cd
I've contacted Steve recently but no reply? Do I need a winxp driver to get passed the set up configuration as its detected the ape cable on com port 1 but the device drivers are not loaded? When upgrading from the cd it goes to v2.0.0.5

Thanks

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]