It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Transferring Files to 5 1/4" Floppy Disk…
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:35 pm 

Hi-ho, everybody:

I am trying to use an SIO2PC interface to transfer files to a floppy disk from a Windows 98 laptop using APE to an Atari 800XL computer. I have no idea how to do this yet because I just started doing it today. So, I am quite novice at this. Any pointers? Thanks! :)

Post subject: Re: Transferring Files to 5 1/4" Floppy Disk…
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:21 am 
ERROR AT LINE 0

onkilter180 wrote:
Hi-ho, everybody:

I am trying to use an SIO2PC interface to transfer files to a floppy disk from a Windows 98 laptop using APE to an Atari 800XL computer. I have no idea how to do this yet because I just started doing it today. So, I am quite novice at this. Any pointers? Thanks! :)

You can use the ProSystem software to transfer the disks directly to ATR images.

Just attach the interface like this:

Atari 1050 disk drive -> SIO Cable -> USB Interface -> USB Cable -> PC

Make sure the APE software is not running, and that the power LED on the interface is OFF. If it is ON, the APE software is running in the tray and should be shut down before continuing.

Turn on the 1050 disk drive and start the ProSystem software. It should turn on the USB interface briefly and find the 1050 disk drive.

Once it has detected the 1050 disk drive, use the Convert Real Disks to ATR Image(s) menu option to copy your real disks into disk images.

Steve

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:23 am 

you dont need APE PRO SYSTEM

you need AspeQt - its free
http://sourceforge.net/projects/aspeqt/ ... =directory

d1: 5 1/4 floppy
d2: sio2pc

simple..
then some of copy programs..

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:31 am 

classics wrote:
onkilter180 wrote:
Hi-ho, everybody:

You can use the ProSystem software to transfer the disks directly to ATR images.
Just attach the interface like this:
Atari 1050 disk drive -> SIO Cable -> USB Interface -> USB Cable -> PC
Make sure the APE software is not running, and that the power LED on the interface is OFF. If it is ON, the APE software is running in the tray and should be shut down before continuing.
Turn on the 1050 disk drive and start the ProSystem software. It should turn on the USB interface briefly and find the 1050 disk drive.
Once it has detected the 1050 disk drive, use the Convert Real Disks to ATR Image(s) menu option to copy your real disks into disk images.Steve

Steve
I don't think that's what was asked - your answer appears to to the OP how to do the exact opposite of what they were asking. I'm interested in this because i have posted the exact same question elsewhere: Here's my original question which is more or less the same question asked by the OP:

hi, am hoping someone can help: (my sio2pc is USB version, and have APE/prosystem)
is there a way to transfer xex, com and bin files to the 1050 using sio2pc - but doing this in old-style menus; ian-k, alpha load and RobC?
what i'd like to do is:
1. create blank ATRs of each of the above menus
2. copy xex,bin or com files to each blank menu
3. transfer these as a new updated ATR direct to 1050 to create a 5¼ floppy games menu disk

i suppose the first stage is to create blank menu floppies - which i can do; then how do i transfer these as ATRs to the PC using sio2pc if this is possible, is there an "idiots guide" available

alternatively, is there a way to copy xex, bin or com files direct to a 1050 5¼ floppy? ie as single files to add to a DOS or other disk, using the sio2pc as a direct transfer?

many thanks

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:18 am 

brenski....
on ape click ... file.. new... atr disk image
in create new disk image select 810/1050 density you want and click create
type in what you want to call it (I typed 'killrMnu.atr') Make a mental note of where It got saved
this killrmnu.atr is my blank atr and I dragged it to a slot....
just leave the ape software loaded with the blank atr in a slot
fill up the other slots with the mirror drives or atr images you want
use slot one for a dos disk with the menu creation software on it
format the blank atr (remember what drive slot it is in)
run the loader creation util or copy the files to the blank
if the loader asks what drive tell it the formatted blank slot drive number
if the loader installer say insert disk in drive one use the ape swap button to swap the blank formatted atr into slot 1
now go back to dos and copy all the files you want (xex bin bas etcetera etcetera) to the newly created loader disk
ok rename files to proper atari file extension... filename.xex to filename.exe or filename.obj or filename.com or file.bas etc etc
make sure the newly created disk is in the disk 1 slot and boot it.. select games from menu .. wow mine all work!
now I can use prosystem to create as many real disks from my custom menusystem atr as I want..
cake do it all the time.. faster this way

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]