It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: info need for ape+telnetting
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:29 pm 

Hi it has been a long time but i have dusted down my atari and hooked it up with the ape cable now everything is working great so now i want to telnet using my atari and the ape cable.I have loaded up bobterm on the atari but now i am stuck and don't know were to go from here PLEASE can someone help me out as i am looking forward to using the atari !!!

Cheers :)

Post subject: nearly there?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:30 pm 

Hi a follow up to telnet i have managed to use bobterm on the atari which then loads in to bbs express on the atari i then log in with username sysop and password sysop but then there is not much to do from there?
I can't seem to use any kind of chat or if anyone else is online? i can't even use or type www. or a telnet address?
If someone can help me out much appreciated.

Post subject: telnetting
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:37 pm 

you can telnet to here (below). Supports ATASCII

Post subject: telnet
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:01 pm 

I was hoping for someone to give me a brief tutorial as to how to connect to a bbs address using bobterm?
I have managed to connect using sysop but don't know how to use another bbs site how do i type the address in?????

Any help would be great!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:30 pm 
ERROR AT LINE 0

I'm not sure what you mean by you were able to log in as sysop?

If you run BobTerm using APE, you should enter terminal mode and press RETURN. Then you should get a prompt that says Proxy>

The Proxy menu will let you telnet from BobTerm to other sites by using the OPEN command, just like telnet.

There is also an advanced AT command mode available which you can enter from the proxy mode. It simulates most of the features of a Hayes compatible modem, for use with programs like BBS software that expects AT command responses.

Steve

Post subject: telnet??
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:16 pm 

Hi Classic,When i boot bobterm it loads then stops and asks to input disk? i then press return which then goes on to load to bbs express? and there is no option i can see to enter a bbs address????
I really would like any help to do this maybe i have an old version of bobterm? it is the one on the ape disk under atr's i bought this from you a long time back and have set itup on winxp using the trial as the disk version was for win98/me?

Cheers :)

Please help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:45 am 
ERROR AT LINE 0

Sounds like the disk actually has BBS Express! on it, not BobTerm.

Try the image attached to this post.

Steve

There are images and/or files attached to this posting. You must be logged-in to view or download this content.

Post subject: telnet?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:27 pm 

Hi Classic thanks for the bobterm i downloadedi managed to get on the screen were i can type at and ok replies! please can you tell me what command to type from there? i was hoping i could use someones bbs address??

Post subject: Re: telnet?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:43 am 

backtoskooldaze wrote:
Hi Classic thanks for the bobterm i downloadedi managed to get on the screen were i can type at and ok replies! please can you tell me what command to type from there? i was hoping i could use someones bbs address??

try OPEN bfbbs.no-ip.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:49 pm 
ERROR AT LINE 0

Go into the APE configuration and under R: emulation, set it to "Client Mode (Outbound TELNET Interface)".

Then start BobTerm again. You should get the Proxy> prompt instead of the AT emulator.

Steve

Post subject: telnetting
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:07 pm 

Hi classic.Sorry for being thick but i am not grasping this bobterm and bbs stuff????
I have loaded bobterm changed in ape like you mentioned and when bobterm is loaded i get a screen with a front page of commands starting with A,b,c ETC.... at the top it says to press return for term which then takes me to a screen were i can type stuff??? but what do i type? I have tried open bfbbs.no-ip.com and nothing happens apart from some text saying connection-no???

Please can you be more simpler in your instructions? I feel quite foolish as other people will be laughing but i simply can not get to grips with this bbs/telnet stuff?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:21 pm 

there is no proxy command???

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:02 pm 

Ok here goes i have managed to get on to bfbbs.no-ip.com and even though i have created a password and username etc... i can't read much of the text thats coming through?? It is missing letters in the sentences? I have tried using different baud rates in bobterm but nothing happens?
Is there any way i can get the text to spell out the words properly?
Also once on the bbs what kind of things can i expect to do once there?

Post subject: Re: telnet
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:52 pm 

backtoskooldaze wrote:
Ok here goes i have managed to get on to bfbbs.no-ip.com and even though i have created a password and username etc... i can't read much of the text thats coming through?? It is missing letters in the sentences? I have tried using different baud rates in bobterm but nothing happens?
Is there any way i can get the text to spell out the words properly?
Also once on the bbs what kind of things can i expect to do once there?

First I would try a straight ASCII telnet session from your PC to see if you can read content that way. IF you can, the problem is most llikely in your SIOPC cable (interface). IF you still cannot read anything using the PC only, then it is an internet connection issue.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:14 am 

Hi i have tried the cable and found no problems at all? I am using winxp and 2mb broadband (virginmedia)
?????

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next