It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Any docs for Floppy drivers?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:08 pm 

Hi Carsten-

First, please add my congrats. for this amazing addition to our Atari hardware. I have a USB cart, USB floppy drive, and a USB (2.0) ZIP. I'll test these, but first I need to ask a couple of questions.

- Are there any specific doc files available other than this info/forum?(especially for floppy/ZIP F/Z.)
- Should this work for all USB F/Z chip sets?
- Should a USB 2.0 ZIP work, dropping back to 1.1?
- My floppy is multi-function with several card readers built in. Windows sees these as several independent devices. Should the USB cart ignore the "mass storage" devices and "see" the floppy?

Sorry for a ll the questions, but if I know more, I should be able to do a better job testing the drivers.

Thanks,
thewhiz

Post subject: Re: Any docs for Floppy drivers?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:59 am 

thewhiz wrote:
Hi Carsten-

First, please add my congrats. for this amazing addition to our Atari hardware. I have a USB cart, USB floppy drive, and a USB (2.0) ZIP. I'll test these, but first I need to ask a couple of questions.

- Are there any specific doc files available other than this info/forum?(especially for floppy/ZIP F/Z.)
- Should this work for all USB F/Z chip sets?
- Should a USB 2.0 ZIP work, dropping back to 1.1?
- My floppy is multi-function with several card readers built in. Windows sees these as several independent devices. Should the USB cart ignore the "mass storage" devices and "see" the floppy?

Sorry for a ll the questions, but if I know more, I should be able to do a better job testing the drivers.

Thanks,
thewhiz

Sorry for the late reply, I have to monitor so many forums. The main source of information is the website www.microusb.org. All documentation is available there and on the SourceForge Project Pages.

> - Should this work for all USB F/Z chip sets?
No, we need to test and adapt the code.

> - Should a USB 2.0 ZIP work, dropping back to 1.1?
Maybe with the new 0.6 Version of the Software.

> - My floppy is multi-function with several card readers built in. Windows sees these as several independent devices. Should the USB cart ignore the "mass storage" devices and "see" the floppy?

No, there is probably an embedded USB HUB inbetween. We currently don't support USB HUB devices, only direct attached devices.

Carsten

Post subject: Re: Any docs for Floppy drivers?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:07 pm 

It's been many years since I used this cart which was only used for a lighting source as my computer was in a dark corner. Now I'm wondering if I can connect a USB card reader and manipulate data on various SD/CF/USB cards. Is this even possible? Should be in today's age.
Fred

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]