It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:10 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: MyIDE + MyDOS 4.53/4 Only 2 drives on Boot?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:58 pm 

I created three partitions on my IDE drive (using the MyIDE cartridge) All are 65535 secotrs in size. When I boot MyDOS 4.53/4 (from drive 1), it displays the first two drives on line 2 correctly:

Disks 1H 2H

But the 3rd doesn't show up. If I do a directory of drive 3 the data and size appear fine. Then the drive shows on the second line of MyDOS, except I see;

Disks 1H 2H 3D-

I used 'O' and set the configuration correctly on all drives before I formatted them. It displayed correctly in MyDOS at that time, but on the next reboot I see the problem I am describing.

Am I missing something? Shouldn't it auomatically recognize all the drive I have setup on boot?

Frank

Post subject: Re: MyIDE + MyDOS 4.53/4 Only 2 drives on Boot?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:40 pm 

Did you remember to re-write Dos 'H' Option to drive #1. This will let MyDos know that you have 3 drives or partitions that are 65535 sectors. But not really required as MyDos still recognizes partition size and folders and Free Sectors.

Post subject: Re: MyIDE + MyDOS 4.53/4 Only 2 drives on Boot?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:44 pm 

roye wrote:
Did you remember to re-write Dos 'H' Option to drive #1. This will let MyDos know that you have 3 drives or partitions that are 65535 sectors. But not really required as MyDos still recognizes partition size and folders and Free Sectors.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]