It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:44 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: MyIDE Tools (new versions)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:55 am 

Since we've so far been unable to determine the issue about running these tools from the flashcart, I decided to just run them from DOS and keep developing them for the new MyIDE OS version. These will not work with the old 3.1 version.

ALL PREVIOUS VERIONS POSTED ON THIS FORUM ARE MOST LIKELY NON-WORKING WITH THE LATEST MYIDE FLASHCART OS, DON'T USE THEM.

Here are two of the utilities to try out:

MYIDECFG.COM

Setup your hard disk, create/delete partitions, assign drive numbers to partitions, and the new feature: naming your partitions. Names are saved to Sector 2, cyl 0, head 0 of the drive.

The only keys not documented are: 1-8 to swap partitions (like in APE) and TAB to change between viewing partition info and name.

MYIDEMAN.COM

This the image manager. Very little has changed in this one. I added the option (in the utility screen) to allow case-sensitive or case-insensitive searches.

Undocumented keys (ie. not in the menu): 1-8 to assign a disk number to an image, Tab to change the category of an image, V to change the view mode, Ctrl-A to go back to view: All mode.

Please let me know any problems you have, or any suggestions you have for further features. I've been using them on my hardware for awhile now without major issue, but like life, there's no gaurantees. :D

There are images and/or files attached to this posting. You must be logged-in to view or download this content.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:12 pm 

Anybody tried these with the 3.5f version of the MyIDE OS?

Sijmen: which functions of the option-byte do not work with 3.5f MyIDE OS version (and will they also not work with 4.0 ?)

Boot Drive
Write Protect on/off
SIO Patch on/off
Screen Activity on/off
Bypass SELECT (this isn't needed with 3.5F so probably gone)
Assume START is pressed.

I will remove the options to control these from MyIDE Config for 3.5F.

Thanks!
Shawn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:00 am 

Here are updated versions of my MyIDE utilities for version 3.4F (and above) of the MyIDE OS. A few minor bugs were found and removed.

Off the top of my head, the bugs found:

MYIDECFG:
- bug in manual entry of HD parameters
- removed options that do not apply to version 3.4F
- garbage characters in partitions names has been fixed

MYIDEMAN:
- nothing much has changed

These will not yet run from the flashcart with the current MyIDE OS/Flashcart software. I haven't had a chance to fully debug this yet, sorry.

As a bonus, I included the MYDEFRAG program. It's ALPHA. The sorting of the image names has been fairly well tested, but the backup/restore has NOT! Don't use it on your "good" MyIDE setup. I included it so people could try the sorting and look at the backup/restore screens. Ignore the fact that it's called Defrag and Sort. I've removed the ability to defrag your images with this program. It was too much trouble and not really neccessary.

Feedback appreciated. If I don't get any feedback on the MYIDECFG and MYIDEMAN programs, they will be released officially.

As always, I'm open to suggestions for features and changes and will try to implement them.

There are images and/or files attached to this posting. You must be logged-in to view or download this content.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]