It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:19 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: problems getting started
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:38 pm 

Ok, here's the situation: I have the utility disk .ATR in drive one of my A.P.E software, wanting to load it from the PC with the SIO2PC cable of course, something I've used for a long time, so I'm pretty positive it's all good at that end. Next, I've followed the steps of turning everything on; turn on the Atari, the Myide Flashload! screen appears and then I power up the HD and the Atari screen changes to "drive is ready" prompt. So far so good. next, I press "shift+control+D" as stated, which seems to have no apparent affect at all, so I don't know if it's doing something when I press those keys together or not. Second, I select option "1" for basic, the "Myide-3.4f" appears and the "ready" prompt for basic. This part seems good so far. Next, as instructed, I type "RUN D:FDISK.BAS" (I'm not typing the quotes). I get the following: "Error- D1:FDISK.BAS" with the cursor on the colon. Is the HD not disabling for D1: boot when I press "control+shift+D" or is it just not seeing "D1:" or what? Oh, almost forgot, I also just installed the 32-in-1 OS and it is currently using Warp OS+, if that makes any difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:04 pm 

I believe you need to type the quotes to get it to work.
RUN "D1:fdisk.bas" return

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:04 pm 

I believe you need to type the quotes to get it to work.
RUN "D1:fdisk.bas" return

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:20 pm 

Nope, I tried that and I just got the same error message but with the quotes and the cursor on the first quote hash. The drive is being recognized, becuase I have made an actual disk from the Utility disk .ATR image with Prosystem, and when I select option 1 it does access the drive and then the "Myide 3.4f" and "ready" appear. but I still get the same errors. It doesn't even try to access the disk, it just shows these errors right away. It's been too long since I used atari basic, so I don't remember the proper commands and can only assume the Myide instructions are giving me the proper commands, but since all I get is an error it leaves me dumb founded.

Edit: I looked closer at the way YOU have it typed: RUN "D1:FDISK.BAS" and it DOES work that way. In the instructions it has the first quote BEFORE the RUN command, which is the cause for problems. I thought it was just standard quotes at first, that were not supposed to be typed, and then after your suggestion it caused me a problem again becuase I typed it in exactly like the instructions say with the quote before RUN instead of AFTER which is correct. Finally figured it out, but that is DEFINATELY something that needs to be edited in the instructions. It would have saved me an hour of headaches!!! :x Thanks for your help! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:56 pm 
ERROR AT LINE 0

Gunstar,

Sorry you had so much trouble, I have fixed the documentation.

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:01 pm 

classics wrote:
Gunstar,

Sorry you had so much trouble, I have fixed the documentation.

Steve

That's alright. It was more anxiety than headache really, but I would have caught the documentation typo if it hadn't been years since I've used any Basic commands to run programs. Even basic programs that I use occasionally are autoload. It is funny how such a small mis-print can be such a potential pitfall though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:39 am 

For the newer OS (higher then 3.1):
You need to press shift+control+R to activate/load the partition-table
((instead of the shift-control-E in the manual))

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]