It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:41 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: MyDos Ramdisk for MyIDE?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:27 pm 

Can the regular MyDos 4.50 ramdisk (or other ramdisk) work with the MyIDE flashcart (3.5f)? Thus far, I can't the boot process to execute the autorun.sys file which sets up the ramdisk and copies Dup.Sys and sets up Mem.Sav.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:15 am 

If I remember correctly, dos2.5 ramdisk-driver is stored in OS-ram location.
Here youre 3.5F OS is running and will surely crass.

About MyDOS, were the ramdisk-driver is build into DOS:I don't know.
Have to check this.

Cheers,
Sijmen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:50 pm 

Yeah - here is the RAMDISK handler I use for MyDOS. It will set up & format my Ramdisk as drive 8. Also, anything that is in a subdirectory named "RAMDISK" will automagically get copied to the ramdisk.

Rename the file from *.zip to *.ar0 and place it in the root directory of a MyDOS disk, and it will auto load. It is just an executable file, so you can change the extension to whatever you want, and load it from the MyDOS menu if you prefer.

Stephen Anderson

There are images and/or files attached to this posting. You must be logged-in to view or download this content.

Post subject: Solved!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:32 am 

Hi Stephen-

Thanks for the post and ramdisk file. But I think it is for MyDos 4.53 or 4.54. since you mention AR0. (?) I use 4.50, so I went back and tried to get the regular 4.50 working again and succeeded. How? The file that I originally used was the AUTORUN.SYS file from a working MyDos 4.50 Master disk. But somehow it either did not copy properly or ? Tried it again, and it still didn't work, so I copied the RAMBOOT.AUT file from the same disk as AUTORUN.SYS to the MyIDE D1:. Works perfectly. I have no clue why the original copy didn't work. Then I copied HIPATCH.COM to the AUTORUN.SYS with append, and they both work. This has been a great MyIDE weekend!
-Larry

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]