It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:42 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: my coleco usb cartridge is dead?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:39 pm 

Well, I cannot update the content of my ColecoVision USB cartridge anymore.

I'm getting the following message :
[USB Task] Synchronize aborted! Time out waiting for command F7 completion! (10000ms)

Using the SD card version is an option, but I don't have one. So, I'm back to square one and HOPE that my futur projects will work as well as when running on emulators.

I can use the cartridge with the previous content of roms still in there, but otherwise my cartridge cannot be updated anymore for an unknow reason.

Last edited by newcoleco on Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: my coleco usb cartridge is dead?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:55 pm 
ERROR AT LINE 0

Hi,

I would try the cartridge on another computer and see if that makes any difference.

If not the cartridge may have developed a defect. In that case please return it to me and I will repair or replace it at no cost, as it has a lifetime warranty.

Please e-mail me at classics@atarimax.com if you would like to arrange the return/repair.

Thanks

Steve

Post subject: Re: my coleco usb cartridge is dead?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:08 pm 

I wish I had read this earlier. Being the curious electronics type of person (and very comfortable with SMD soldering, microcontrollers, FPGAs, etc.) I already took my failed 128-in-1 apart and did a reflow on all the components. The unit kept resetting the CV when plugged into the console so I thought the flash got corrupt somehow, but the unit is not detected when plugged into a computer either.

I see the USB connection goes directly to the micorcontroller, so I assume it has failed. Since I opened the unit and messed with it, I would not expect you to honor the no-cost repair. So what are my options?

Thanks,
Matthew

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]