It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Firmware & Device Driver Update 12-27-2007
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:12 am 
ERROR AT LINE 0

I new firmware and device driver have been released for all SIO2PC USB adapters.

To apply this update you will need to be using APE 3.0.4 or higher. To obtain a registration update please e-mail classics@atarimax.com.

Unregistered users should wait and upgrade once a new trial version is available.

Once you have installed APE 3.0.4 (or higher) and verified everything is working normally, you should proceed with the usb driver update.

If you are using an the older driver, you will see a new warning when you start APE advising you to upgrade. It may identify your driver as 'version 0' or 'version 1006'.

Once you have installed APE 3.0.4 you have the new driver files in your APE installation directory in the 'drivers' subdirectory.

To update the driver, plug in your SIO2PC USB interface and make sure it is recognized by APE. Then open the Windows control panel and click the 'System' icon, then open the Windows device manager.

In the device manager, find the SIO2PC USB Interface under Atarimax Devices. Double click on the SIO2PC USB Interface entry to open the driver details dialog, then click the 'Update Driver' button.

When prompted, choose to 'install from a specific location', then use the Browse button to navigate to the 'drivers' subdirectory in your APE installation folder.

After clicking OK the driver update should proceed automatically. Windows 98 and ME users will have to restart before the new driver becomes effective, even though you will not be advised to restart by Windows.

Once you have installed the new driver, restart APE and verify there is no longer a warning advising you to upgrade to version 1007 or better.

You should then install the latest SIO2PC USB Interface firmware upgrade, which is attached to this post. (You must be logged into the forum to see or download attachments).

To apply the upgrade, just open the APE Configuration panel and on the USB tab, select install firmware update, then guide it to the core_firmware.bin file.

The core_firmware.zip file attached must be unzipped before using it.

This update of APE addresses numerous performance and CPU load issues. All registered users using the USB interface are advised to install the upgrade.

Steve

There are images and/or files attached to this posting. You must be logged-in to view or download this content.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:20 am 

I installed APE 3.04 (Thanks Steve for sending the update), upgraded the USB driver and installed the new firmware in the SIO2USE interface and all works OK.
But I was wondering if there is a way to see what firmware version is in the SIO2USB interface to see if the firmware really was updated?

Regards,

Robert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:35 pm 
ERROR AT LINE 0

There is no way currently to display the firmware revision. I plan on adding it in the future though.

Right now, if the interface disconnects and reconnects after flashing, you can be sure the firmware was successfully loaded.

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:40 pm 

Thanks so much for this upgrade Steve! I can now telnet into a BBS and print to my Panasonic at the same time.

Stephen Anderson

Post subject: Re: Firmware & Device Driver Update 12-27-2007
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:30 pm 

Remember for the update section to be available the usb timings and settings must be reset to defaults... then you can go to the update section. My copy refused to even navigate to the update bin selection window until I clicked defaults button first. It was a few mere seconds and the update was completed. Back in action just like that.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:21 am 

I just purchased the SIO2PC USB adapter ... can I assume the firmware is current and I don't need to download/install this?

edit: to answer my own question, yes (not needed). :) I took the risk and tried the upgrade and it failed verification so I figured that was a sign not to press any further.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:49 pm 

Trouble with registered APE 3.011 and WinXP.

I recently had to make a clean re-install XP. After I did that and re-installed APE (shareware trial then registered 3.0.11), I keep getting the warning that I need to update the USB driver.

When I use the forum link and download Firmware.zip and unzip it, I have a single file "core_firmware" of about 64 kb.

When I go through the procedure outlined above using the Device Manager, I get a message from Windows that Windows cannot find any driver more current than the one contained in 3.0.11.

I also did the firmware upgrade as shown in the last part of the instructions, and it appears to go smoothly.

I still get the warning about the USB driver when booting.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Larry

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:13 pm 

Larry,
Are you installing the 32bit drivers or the 64bit drivers. And the core_firmware is only for the MyideII cartridge firmware and not the SIO2PC USB 32-bit 64-bit Drivers (x86/x64)
RoyE

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:44 am 

Hi Roy-
Thanks for the reply! The zip from Steve's first post in this thread is not correct for SIO2PC-USB adapter?

I am attempting to install the 32-bit drivers for XP. It seems confusing to me that he mentions Windows drivers and the device firmware in the same post with one attachment. The zip has only "Core-Firmware" in it, and it seems to be correct for the APE SIO2PC-USB device. Do you happen to know where the 1.007 driver can be found? (I couldn't find it, and presumed that any drivers would be in the registered upgrade.)

Thanks,
Larry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:46 am 

This is my installation of Ape 3.0.13

Attachment:
Capture.PNG

There are images and/or files attached to this posting. You must be logged-in to view or download this content.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:17 am 

Hi Roy-
Thanks. Mine is very similar, and when I open the drivers folder, the usbsio driver says it is 1.007 (which from Steve's post seems to be correct.) I'm writing him.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 10:32 pm 

Hi! I have some trouble with my SIO2PC USB and it seems it's the firmware. I try to rewrite the firmware, but it says the following message: "Flash update aborted. Firmware verification error, flashing aborted!

I try to flash the core_firmware file with another SIO2PC USB and it worked fine. Maybe there is some trouble with the PEEL IC. If that's the case, how do I rewrite it? I have a TL866 device, but I can't get the logic gates needed.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 7:21 pm 

I answer myself: the problem is not from the firmware but from the PLD. It's a PEEL20CG10AJ.

What can I do? How can I rewrite the logic on it? I have a TL866CS device, but I can't find the model to program it.

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ]