It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Problems flashing on 800xe
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:38 am 

I have troubles flashing my two 8mbit cartridges on my 800xe. I'm not able to create a test cartridge. Write verify fails every time approximately between block 19 and 1C.

I allready read on the forum about the problems with xe systems and black brick power units. So i added 22uF @ 35V electrolytic capacitors to both cartridges as described in the forum. But the same problem still appear.

Then i tested the two carts in an 800xl - and writing, erasing and flashing works fine. Also playing the games.

I tried to play the carts in my 800xe, i select the games in the menu, but i can play only a handful games - even i guess the bigger one fail - i get a multi coloured screen and the system hangs down.

After creating a test cartridge in the xl and testing it in the xe, follow-up tests failed:

2. Rapid Bankswitch Test
3. Repeated Bankswitch Test

Is it a problem with my xe or with the cart?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:38 am 

800XE machines (and other XE from eastern europe) are dealing with many timing problems. I have had many different problems by using those machines with the Black Box.

You could try to stabilize your atari 800xe with some minor fixes.

The file in which these modifications are described is lost in space her on my HD... but perhaps you have luck on searchin' the web...

Marius

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]