It is currently Sun May 24, 2020 7:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: One crazy setup.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:09 pm 

Well, first off, kudos to Steve. I purchased the SIO2PC USB version, and it's working perfectly. Now that in and of itself isn't surprising. Here's where it gets good. I have a VMware host machine running Slackware Linux. On that host machine I have a guest running Windows XP. Under the WinXP instance, I have installed my copy of APE and have attached the SIO2PC USB. Once everything was on and configured it works like a charm. I initially tried my SIO2PC serial version, but it seems that linux and the serial ports don't seem to work as harmoniously as say DOS, at least not with APE. Toss in an extra layer of complexity, and it just wasn't happening. This setup however is working beautifully.

To make that clear, Linux PC running Windows XP in a VMware instance, with APE and the USB SIO2PC happily talking to my Atari 800.

So I am one happy camper and would like to again thank Steve for all of the hard working making this possible. My Atari 800 is hooked to an amazing amount of machinery that I never would have even dreamt possible. I can't imagine the time it took to get all this running, but am glad it was taken.

Post subject: Re: One crazy setup.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:46 pm 

idavis wrote:
To make that clear, Linux PC running Windows XP in a VMware instance, with APE and the USB SIO2PC happily talking to my Atari 800.

And I was just going to ask if anyone has tried it with VMWare under OS X.... I guess I don't have a reason not to buy it now! (and I've got my Windows PC to fall back on I guess).

Post subject: And a year later...
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:25 pm 

I finally tested it with my Macbook and a WinXP virtual machine, and it works. I haven't had any issues yet. Now to get the MyIDE+Flash cart setup...

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]