It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Problem with Maxflash Rom Images.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:47 pm 

Hi, everyone!

Recently I've updated the MaxFlash Cartridge Studio from 1.0 to 1.7. But the images that I'm creating are not working! I tried to "preview" them with Atari800Win PLus, but it crashes.

When I'm using the monito, I realized that the cartridge image is starting at $A412. But looks like that this address is used as a flag of something, because it's expected to have an LDA ($AD) $D301, but there is a $00.

Does anyone know what's happening?

Post subject: Re: Problem with Maxflash Rom Images.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:07 am 

Solved. For some reason I don't understand, Windows was keeping the older menu.rom version. So I had to do is to uninstall MaxFlash Studio, erasing any windows registry record, erase the MaxFlash Studio folder manually, and install it over again.

Best regards.

Post subject: Re: Problem with Maxflash Rom Images.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:00 pm 
ERROR AT LINE 0

This seems to have become a more common issue with the latest 64-bit versions of Windows. Windows File Protection seems to believe that the menu rom images are some critical Windows system component and it's silently replacing new versions of these files with older versions.

I've added some code to the latest Maxflash Studio to try and prevent this. If you install the latest version and receive the message:

Menu Equates CRC Mismatch! (Actual Menu CRC: [Some Value], Equates CRC: [Some Different Value])

Then please follow this procedure for removing and re-installing Maxflash Studio.

Complete uninstall all versions of Maxflash Studio using the standard Windows uninstall functionality in the Control Panel.
Restart System
If possible, delete any remaining components in the old installation directory. If you don't know where that is or how to do that, you can usually skip this step.
Re-install the latest version from:

http://www.atarimax.com/flashcart/docum ... taller.exe

However, during the installation process, you will be asked where you wish to install the program. The default location is '[Path to Program Files]\Maxflash Cartridge Studio'. You should install it to a different location by changing the 'Maxflash Cartridge Studio' part of the location to something else, like 'Maxflash Cartridge Studio 2'.

After the installation is complete, run the new Maxflash Studio software and try to synchronize a cart again.

Steve

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]