It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: USB Cartridge Programmer and Maxflash Studio Now Available!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:19 am 
ERROR AT LINE 0

ImageImageImage

The Atarimax USB Cartridge Programmer and Maxflash Studio Software are now available!

The Atarimax Maxflash Flash Cartridge System for Atari 8-bit Computers is a high quality, professionally produced cartridge creation suite for the Atari 400/800/XL/XE series computers.

This Maxflash Studio products are:
  • Atarimax Maxflash 1mbit and 8mbit Flash Cartridges.
  • ImageAtarimax Maxflash USB Cartridge Programmer.
  • ImageMaxflash Studio for Windows Multi-Cart Creation Software.
  • Maxflash open-source software kit and tools.

The Maxflash Flash Cartridges, combined with the powerful new Maxflash Studio Software and USB Cartridge Programmer are the easiest way to design and produce working, tested and ready to use flash multi-carts for your Atari Computer in just minutes!

The Maxflash Studio Software includes a built-in recognition database of over 1200 of the most popular games, letting you drag and drop nearly any game program file into your cartridge workbook and have it work the first time, every time, without fussing with advanced configuration settings.

The new USB Cartridge Programmer allows you program your multi-cart creations to a real cartridge in just seconds! No more messing with in-system programming via SIO2PC, just plug, program and go!

The USB Cartridge Programmer Kit is available for Pre-Ordering now, with shipment on or before 09/15/2009.

The pre-ordering price for the USB Cartridge Programmer Kit is priced at $59.99 plus shipping.

The kit documentation, tour and ordering information is available at:

http://www.atarimax.com/flashcart/

The Maxflash Studio Software is available for download now at the URL above.

This software also works for ISP programming via SIO2PC, so it is a free major upgrade for all current Maxflash cartridge owners, even without the USB interface!

Thanks!

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:48 am 

Hi Steve,

question: Can it also program the myide+1mb flashcartridge?
:roll:

Cheers,
Sijmen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:38 am 
ERROR AT LINE 0

Hi Sijmen,

It can program the entire boot flash from the ATR programming image made with the scripts, or save a copy of the boot flash, but the dynamic menu creation is not supported yet for MyIDE+Flash.

Steve

Post subject: Re: USB Cartridge Programmer and Maxflash Studio Now Availab
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:20 pm 

Can this cartridge be used to dump Atari 2600 and 7800 cartridges, with an adaptor? I see you have them for the Coleco and Intelevision.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:41 pm 
ERROR AT LINE 0

Stargate wrote:
Can this cartridge be used to dump Atari 2600 and 7800 cartridges, with an adaptor? I see you have them for the Coleco and Intelevision.

There are no dumping adapters for the 2600 and 7800 as of now. I may add them in the future though.

Steve

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:19 am 

If you decide to build more adapters one for the 5200 would be nice as well.

Mitch

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:26 am 

Steve,

Im getting back to wanting to program my original 8mbit Atarimax carts - how can I do this? I cant find anything to program a bin image I was given for testing. I remember before having an ATR to boot which would then load the image on to the cart but I cant seem to find this anymore?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:40 pm 

Goochman,

Did you find info on programming your 8Mb Maxflash carts? If you still need help, let me know. I've been putting together info as I'm just starting to program for them, as well.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:10 pm 

Any idea what settings I should use to get Assembloids XE to run on my MaxFlash USB Programmer?

http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=62046

Thank you!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:15 pm 

I purchased the Max Flash USB programmer a long time ago and love it. My original computer that I have the software installed on has several issues with it now and I would like to install the software on my current desktop. The problem is that when I moved five years ago, I have the usb hardware but not the CD anymore. Is there a way to download the Maxflash studio software?

Edit - Never mind, I found the installer.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:31 pm 

classics wrote:

The Atarimax USB Cartridge Programmer and Maxflash Studio Software are now available!

A few days ago I received my Atarimax USB cartridge. It was ordered a few weeks ago by my good friend Dennis R. We are both from the Netherlands.

I have problems using it. My main goal is to dump Atari cartridge software for preservation purposes. I have installed the software, the latest version of this website, and got some error messages by Windows 11. It states that the memory integrity must be disabled to use the drivers of the USB cartridge. This setting is present in the Core Isolation screen. I have turned the memory integratity off and the Maxflash software seems to work. But...

When I first tried to dump a cartridge I got a message that the firmware of the USB cartridge must be updated. I think it is very weird that this message showed that the firmware present on the USB cartridge had todays date and it needed a firmware update with the date of tomorrow. But I still updated the USB cartridge with the automatic option.

After the update I was able to dump 1 cartridge (8k Atari 8-bit) successfully, but after that 1 dump no other dumps can be made. When I try to dump another cartridge the Maxflash software is connecting and disconnecting the USB cartridge multiple times (looks like a loop). Every second the connection is made and is immedeatly lost again. This loop does not stop until I disconnect the USB cable myself and shut down the Maxflash software. When I reconnect the USB cable and restart the Maxflash software the connection is stable again, but goes back to the connect/disconnect loop when I give any command to the USB cartridge, like displaying the current firmware or dump another cartridge. So it is impossible to use the USB cartridge.

I have installed the software on another Windows 11 laptop and got the same results. I also installed the software on a Windows 10 laptop. I got no error messages of memory integrity (I think that this protection is not present in Windows 10) but I had exactly the same connecting/disconnecting issues.

I also tried another male/male USB cable on all 3 systems and got the same connect/disconnect loop.

Weirdly enough, I checked the logs, but the USB connection is not dropped by Windows. During the connect/disconnect loop Windows is not losing connection to the USB cartridge, it is just the Maxflash software that thinks that the connection is lost.

Yesterday I met my friend Dennis during an Atari meeting and he brought his USB cartridge which he received a few months ago and I connected it with one of my laptops. When I tried dumping an Atari 8-bit cartridge the Maxflash software also stated that the firmware of his cartridge needed an update. The same message with the strange "today" and "tomorrow" dates. After the firmware update his USB cartridge did exactly the same: connecting and disconnecting continuously.

So 3 laptops (2 Windows 11 and 1 Windows 10), 2 USB cables and two brand new USB cartridges and I can not get them to work.

Please help!

Kind regards,

Fred Meijer
atarimuseum.nl

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:15 pm 

The problem has been solved by Steve.

Thank you very much!!! This is the best service! :-)

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ]